Haryana health minister among six injured in accidentJuly 9th, 2012 - 7:10 pm ICT by IANS
Chandigarh, July 9 (IANS) Haryana’s Health Minister Narender Singh was among six people injured Monday in an accident involving his car and a CRPF vehicle in Chandigarh’s high security area, police said.
The incident took place near Sukna Lake. Eyewitnesses told the police that the accident happened when the Centre Reserve Police Force (CRPF) minitruck tried to avoid hitting a two wheeler and collided with the minister’s car.
The minister got minor injuries, while the others were taken to a government hospital in sector 16 for treatment, a Chandigarh police official said. None of them were seriously injured.
The bonnet of the minister’s official car was badly damaged.
The CRPF truck was carrying food for troopers posted in the high security zone of the city. The accident spot is close to the Haryana’s Raj Bhawan (governor’s house).
- Nine killed in Haryana accident - Oct 28, 2011
- One dead, two injured in Delhi road accident - Jul 21, 2012
- Four burnt alive as trucks collide in Haryana - Jul 28, 2011
- 22 foreigners hurt in Haryana accident - May 31, 2011
- One killed as school bus collides with mini-truck - Feb 05, 2012
- 10 killed in Gurgaon road accident (Lead) - Nov 16, 2011
- Three dead, nine injured in Jharkhand road accidents - Jan 30, 2011
- Nine of family killed in Haryana accident (Lead) - Jan 23, 2012
- Seven killed in Haryana accident - Apr 25, 2012
- 5 students among 7 killed in Haryana accident - Sep 13, 2010
- Six killed in Delhi road accidents (Roundup) - Feb 21, 2012
- Pilgrim killed in Gurgaon - Jul 17, 2012
- Four children killed as school bus-train collide - Jul 30, 2012
- Five killed in ambulance-truck collision in Haryana - May 15, 2012
- Eight students among 12 killed in Haryana road accident - Apr 28, 2011
Tags: bonnet, chandigarh police, crpf, eyewitnesses, government hospital, health minister, high security, minitruck, minor injuries, narender, police force, police official, raj bhawan, reserve police, security area, security zone, two wheeler