Haryana chief minister tried to locate deputy for 38 daysDecember 8th, 2008 - 10:17 pm ICT by IANS
Chandigarh, Dec 8 (IANS) It may sound unreal in political and administrative circles but Haryana Chief Minister Bhupinder Singh Hooda Monday said that he tried to contact his deputy chief minister for 38 days before sacking him.Chander Mohan, was Sunday dropped from the Hooda ministry for being “absent” from his office and “neglecting” work and not informing the chief minister about his absence.
Mohan’s sacking came just hours after he went public with his second marriage to lawyer Anuradha Bali. Both converted to Islam last month in Meerut city in Uttar Pradesh and got married. They were re-christened Chand Mohammed and Fizaa.
The deputy chief minister lost his high-profile job to his new marriage, his new wife, his new name and his new religion.
“I was trying to contact him (Mohan) personally for 38 days but could not locate him. He was then dropped from the government,” Hooda told reporters here.
Asked why he did not take action against Mohan earlier, Hooda said that he was busy with election campaigning in other states.
“It is a coincidence that he was dropped the day he publicly announced his marriage,” Hooda claimed.
Hooda said that the Congress High Command would decide on whether to expel Chander Mohan from the party for causing embarrassment to the party and the government through his actions.
Hooda said that Mohan, who has now changed his name, would not be debarred from attending assembly sittings even though he was elected under the name ‘Chander Mohan’.
“He has been elected as a person and not as a name,” Hooda said.
The chief minister refused to say anything on Mohan’s personal life and activities.
Mohan was Monday also disowned by his father and former Haryana chief minister Bhajan Lal for illegally marrying for the second time.
“Mohan’s first wife and two children will be looked after by us. I have disowned him from the family,” Bhajan Lal said in Haryana’s Hisar city.
- More cash, jewellery comes out of Fiza's lockers - Sep 13, 2012
- Huge cash recovered from Fiza's house - Aug 09, 2012
- Former Haryana chief minister Bhajan Lal is dead (Second Lead) - Jun 03, 2011
- Fiza arrested on neighbour's complaint, gets bail (Lead) - Oct 17, 2010
- Police detain Fiza over neighbour's complaint - Oct 17, 2010
- King of defections who got dose of his own medicine (Obituary) - Jun 03, 2011
- Hooda's ministers not new to crime controversies (News Analysis) - Aug 06, 2012
- Fiza Mohammed found (Lead) - Aug 06, 2012
- Fiza cremated in Chandigarh - Aug 07, 2012
- Bhajan Lal laid to rest with state honours (Lead) - Jun 04, 2011
- End of Lal era in Haryana politics - Jun 04, 2011
- Chander Mohan's love life costs him Congress ticket - Sep 24, 2009
- Bhajan Lal to be cremated at Adampur - Jun 04, 2011
- Fiza dies in mysterious circumstances (Second Lead) - Aug 06, 2012
- Deputy chief minister gets new wife, name, religion - loses job! - Dec 08, 2008