Harrisburg Mayor Donald “Buzzy” Faulkner Arrested For DWIAugust 26th, 2010 - 7:53 pm ICT by Pen Men At Work
August 26, 2010 (Pen Men at Work): Mayor Donald “Buzzy” Faulkner was arrested by the law enforcement authorities last week after he was found to be driving while intoxicated. The City Council promptly revoked his driving privileges as he had been arrested while at the wheel of a city car.
The members of the City Council voted over the issue and it was decided to take the keys of the vehicle away from Faulkner. It was an unanimous decision with the voting results showing 6-0.
Personnel belonging to the Poinsett County sheriff’s office arrested Faulkner early on Friday morning when he was charged with DWI, driving without a seat belt as well as reckless driving. The meeting of the city council members commenced soon after.
Rose Brown, one of the council members said that the city council was concerned that it might be sued if Faulkner gets involved in accidents while driving one of it’s vehicles. The city clerk Pat King confirmed that Faulkner was not present at the meeting. Councilman Skeeter Blancato also failed to put up an attendance while another member of the council ,Randy Mills abstained from voting.
Brown further stated that the mayor is supposed to be looked up to and when he is guilty of something like this then the people start losing their respect for him. The news had been circulated nationwide, she added.
The Sheriff’s office said that it would be the second DWI charge for the Harrisburg Mayor. He had pleaded guilty to a similar charge in April 2007.
The mayor was found to have been driving with a blood-alcohol content of .21 which is almost double the permissible limit. He is now scheduled to appear at the Harrisburg District Court on October 5.
- Mayor Donald "Buzzy" Faulkner's City Vehicle Driving Privileges Withdrawn - Aug 26, 2010
- Harrisburg Mayor Donald 'Buzzy' Faulker charged with DUI, city vehicle keys taken - Aug 26, 2010
- Harrisburg Pa. files for bankruptcy - Oct 12, 2011
- Rodney King is under house arrest for reckless driving - Feb 29, 2012
- Robbery Attempt Foiled by Clerk With Samurai Sword - Jan 21, 2011
- Lawsuit against Dr Dre dismissed - Mar 21, 2011
- Drunken US men caught riding horse, donkey have DWI charges dropped - Jan 13, 2011
- Clerk foils robbery attempt with sword in SC - Jan 21, 2011
- Robert F. Kennedy Jr.'s wife pleads guilty to impaired driving - Jul 23, 2010
- Bieber fined for speeding - Jul 07, 2012
- Michael Johnson Charged With Fourth Degree For Driving Drunk At 178 Mph - Aug 20, 2010
- NY Jets wide receiver Braylon Edwards arrested for drunken driving - Sep 21, 2010
- American 'Rambo' nabbed in Pak released, headed back to US - Jun 23, 2010
- 'Osama hunter' Faulkner arrested on domestic violence charges in Colorado - Oct 07, 2010
- Trayvon Martin shooter released on $150,000 bond - Apr 24, 2012
Tags: accidents, attendance, blood alcohol content, buzzy, city car, city council members, councilman, driving privileges, dwi charge, faulkner, friday morning, law enforcement authorities, men at work, pat king, pen men, poinsett county sheriff, seat belt, skeeter, unanimous decision, voting results