Gunmen kill deputy speaker in PakistanApril 21st, 2009 - 5:01 am ICT by IANS
Islamabad, April 21 (IANS) Two people, including a legislative assembly deputy speaker, were shot dead in an attack late Monday in northern Pakistan, Geo TV reported.
According to the report, some unidentified gunmen opened fire on the car of Syed Asad Zaidi, the deputy speaker of Northern Areas Legislative Assembly (NALA), in Kashrot area of Gilgit, killing him on the spot.
Another person, who was travelling with Zaidi, was also killed while the driver of the car critically wounded in the attack.
Police have begun an investigation into the incident.
The provincial government has also announced one-day mourning Tuesday.
- Assembly deputy speaker killed in Pakistan (Lead) - Apr 21, 2009
- 14 gunned down in Karachi - Mar 31, 2012
- 13 killed in blast at Peshawar funeral (Second Lead) - Mar 11, 2012
- Militants gun down 18 bus passengers in Pakistan (Second Lead) - Feb 28, 2012
- 18 killed in Pakistani bus ambush (Lead) - Feb 28, 2012
- 25 killed in Pakistan bus attack (Lead) - Aug 16, 2012
- 6 killed, 10 wounded in Iraq attacks - Apr 16, 2012
- 18 Shia pilgrims gunned down in Pakistan - Jul 07, 2012
- Two more killed in Karachi violence - Jun 16, 2012
- Seven killed in Iraq violence - Aug 08, 2012
- Militants gun down 18 bus passengers in Pakistan (Evening Lead) - Feb 28, 2012
- Seven dead in Pakistan bus attack (Lead) - May 25, 2012
- Pakistani lawmaker's wife, daughter killed - Jan 31, 2012
- Two soldiers killed in Iraq violence - Aug 13, 2010
- Seven killed in Pakistan bus attack - May 25, 2012
Tags: asad, attack police, deputy speaker, gilgit, gunmen opened fire, legislative assembly, nala, northern areas, northern pakistan, pakistan geo tv, pakistan islamabad, provincial government, unidentified gunmen