Gujarat riots: Minister Kodnani’s bail plea rejectedMarch 27th, 2009 - 1:03 pm ICT by IANS
Ahmedabad, March 27 (IANS) The Gujarat High Court Friday rejected state minister Maya Kodnani’s anticipatory bail application. Kodnani is accused of leading mobs in the Naroda Patiya and Naroda Gaam localities in 2002 in which 106 people were killed during the Gujarat riots.
“Yes the bail application of Maya Kodnani has been rejected and she is expected to be arrested this evening,” senior Gujarat High Court lawyer Mukul Sinha told IANS.
Kodnani, minister for women and child welfare, had been given anticipatory bail on Feb 5.
- Naroda Patiya massacre: Ex-minister among 32 convicted (Lead) - Aug 29, 2012
- Why shouldn't bail be cancelled, court asks Kodnani and Patel - Feb 24, 2009
- BJP lawmaker, 31 others get life terms for Naroda Patiya killings - Aug 31, 2012
- Riot tainted Gujarat minister's bail plea rejected (Second Lead) - Mar 27, 2009
- Riot tainted BJP minister quits after bail plea rejected (Third lead) - Mar 27, 2009
- Gujarat HC rejects Maya Kodnani's bail plea - Mar 27, 2009
- BJP downplays ex-Gujarat minister's conviction - Aug 29, 2012
- Gujarat minister Kodnani's bail plea rejected (Lead) - Mar 27, 2009
- Gujarat VHP leader missing after court rejects bail - Mar 27, 2009
- 32 convicted in Naroda Patiya massacre - Aug 29, 2012
- BJP legislator, 31 others get life terms for Naroda Patiya carnage (Lead) - Aug 31, 2012
- Gujarat government had it coming: Kapil Sibal - Mar 27, 2009
- BJP mum on Maya Kodnani's sentence - Aug 31, 2012
- Government cannot be linked to 2002 massacre: Gujarat - Aug 29, 2012
- Police removed names of leaders accused in Gujarat riots: Prosecutor - Mar 13, 2009