Gowda quits as Karnataka CM (Lead)July 11th, 2012 - 2:56 pm ICT by IANS
Bangalore, July 11 (IANS) The BJP’s second chief minister in four years in Karnataka D.V. Sadananda Gowda resigned Wednesday, as a fallout of dissidence in the party and differences with powerful Lingayat leader B.S. Yeddyurappa.
Rural Development Minister Jagadish Shettar will take over from him Thursday. Gowda submitted the resignation to Governor H.R. Bhardwaj, a day after Shettar was elected by the legislature wing of the Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) as its leader after several hours of tension over sharing the spoils of power.
Bhardwaj accepted the resignation and asked Gowda to continue till his successor assumes office, a Raj Bhavan release said.
Gowda could not complete one year in office. He succeeded the BJP’s first chief minister in Karnataka, Yeddyurappa, Aug 4, 2011, after the latter was forced to quit July 31 over mining bribery charges.
- Shettar sworn in as Karnataka chief minister - Jul 12, 2012
- Karnataka CM-designate Shettar grapples with ministry formation (Evening Lead) - Jul 11, 2012
- Gowda resigns, Shettar stakes claim, faces ministry-making hurdle (Afternoon Lead) - Jul 11, 2012
- Shettar to be elected Karnataka BJP legislature party leader Tuesday - Jul 09, 2012
- Jockeying for power in Karnataka delays leadership change - Jul 10, 2012
- Shettar to be Karnataka CM Thursday, jockeying for power on (Roundup) - Jul 10, 2012
- Gowda quits as Karnataka CM - Jul 11, 2012
- BJP gives Karnataka third chief minister in four years (Second lead) - Jul 12, 2012
- No consensus in BJP on Yeddyurappa's successor - Jul 31, 2011
- BJP gives Karnataka third chief minister in four years (Lead) - Jul 12, 2012
- BJP's messy Karnataka story set to continue (News Analysis) - Jul 02, 2012
- BJP replaces Gowda with Shettar in Karnataka (Roundup) - Jul 08, 2012
- Shettar to take oath as Karnataka CM Thursday, power struggle continues (Second Lead) - Jul 10, 2012
- Karnataka BJP dissidents set July 5 deadline for CM's ouster - Jul 01, 2012
- BJP in Karnataka back to bickering - Jun 19, 2012