Governor Bobby Jindal Elated Over Replacement Of Charity HospitalJanuary 28th, 2010 - 8:12 pm ICT by GD
By Madhuri Dey
New Orleans, Jan 28, (THAINDIAN NEWS) The Governor of Louisiana, Bobby Jindal, had his wish fulfilled on Wednesday when it was reported that the state will be getting an amount of approximately $475 million from the federal government. The grant will be provided to the state of Louisiana in order to help it replace the badly damaged Charity Hospital, which is located in one of the most affected areas in the state, and hence has been almost completely ravaged in the hurricane. The news has come in the wake of the opinion expressed by the Governor that the state is in urgent requirement of a teaching hospital in order to make a speedier recovery from the damages.
However, the Federal Emergency Management Agency had been in doubts about the replacement of the Charity Hospital. The Governor had stated that it was necessary to replace the hospital altogether, considering the almost beyond repair state of the same, but the FEMA had voted for a refurbishment. The officials from the agency had evaluated the total repairs would take about $124 million, and had offered about $150 million. In fact, according to Governor Bobby Jindal, they had initially offered only about $25 million.
Governor Bobby Jindal was obviously elated at the news. He promised that the opening of the new hospital would be instrumental in the process of recovery of the country. He also touted this as a huge economic deal, stating that it would be a major booster for the economy of the country. He also mentioned that the new hospital would increase the employment opportunities in the state. The next thing that needs to be done is the appointment of the board members.
- As hurricane hits home, Bobby Jindal takes charge - Aug 29, 2012
- Jindal defends Romney visit to Louisiana - Sep 01, 2012
- Indian-origin Louisiana Guv Jindal facing flak over donation to wife's charity - Mar 04, 2011
- Over a million homes without power in storm-hit US states - Aug 31, 2012
- Hundreds evacuated as storm floods homes in Bobby Jindal's state - Aug 30, 2012
- Obama assures hurricane hit Louisiana of federal help - Sep 04, 2012
- Bobby Jindal wins 2nd term in landslide - Oct 23, 2011
- Jindal is cracking down on fake bath salts used by drug dealers - Jan 12, 2011
- Bobby Jindal skips Republican convention as storm looms - Aug 28, 2012
- Bobby Jindal- among 12 potential GOP candidates for 2012 presidential polls? - Nov 13, 2010
- Obama signs disaster declaration for Puerto Rico in wake of Hurricane Irene - Aug 28, 2011
- Over 150,000 without power in Bobby Jindal's Louisiana - Sep 03, 2012
- President Obama declares major disaster in District of Columbia - Mar 25, 2010
- Bobby Jindal files for re-election - Sep 07, 2011
- Louisianan Governor, Bobby Jindal, Utters That The Lid Has Been Put Down On The 'Mariner' Platform Production - Sep 03, 2010
Tags: board members, bobby jindal, charity hospital, damages, dey, doubts, emergency management agency, employment opportunities, federal emergency management, federal emergency management agency, federal government, fema, governor of louisiana, hurricane, jan 28, madhuri, new orleans, refurbishment, state of louisiana, teaching hospital