Government will rectify laws for women and child development: TirathMay 30th, 2009 - 5:41 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, May 30 (IANS) Laws and policies may be rectified and amended to speed up implementation of projects for women and child development, new minister Krishna Tirath said here Saturday.
While taking charge of the ministry, Tirath said: “The women and child development ministry is a big department and concerns 75 percent population of the country. If there is any deficiency or lacuna in the policies regarding them, I will work towards removing them.”
“There are a lot of laws regarding female foeticide and if there are any lacunae in them we will rectify and amend them. Education is the most important tool to prevent such cases,” added the minister of state with independent charge.
“A lot of work needs to be done. In the cabinet meeting today (Saturday) several points about the women and child development ministry were discussed and they will be included in the presidential address,” she said.
“As the chairperson of the parliamentary committee on empowerment of women, I had given many recommendations and sought many action-taken reports. I will try to take them to their logical conclusion,” said the debutant minister.
- Government will rectify laws for women and child development: Tirath (Lead) - May 30, 2009
- Public education a must to prevent female foeticide, says Krishna Tirath - May 30, 2009
- Benefits of schemes not reaching needy: minister - Mar 02, 2012
- Dowry, sexual harassment laws among government priorities - Jun 11, 2010
- Need stringent laws to curb child sexual abuse: Tirath - Mar 05, 2012
- Law to protect women from workplace harassment soon - Oct 28, 2010
- Government committed to protect girl child: Tirath - Dec 15, 2009
- WCD Ministry committed towards socio-economic empowerment of women - Mar 08, 2011
- Uttarakhand asked to speed up welfare schemes - Aug 31, 2011
- Saluting ordinary women doing extraordinary work on Women's Day - Mar 08, 2011
- Advisory board on pre-natal tests re-jigged - Apr 09, 2011
- Fight against gender selection will be renewed: Tirath - Jan 22, 2010
- Nation pays homage to Bhimrao Ambedkar on his 120th birth anniversary - Apr 14, 2011
- Ramesh offers Rs.900 crore for village coordinators - Aug 18, 2012
- Govt. taking effective steps to address challenges of Scheduled Caste women, children: Tirath - Jan 19, 2011
Tags: cabinet meeting, chairperson, child development, development ministry, education, empowerment, female foeticide, implementation, krishna, lacunae, logical conclusion, minister of state, New Delhi, parliamentary committee, population, presidential address, several points