Government trying to break Team Anna, says Hazare (Lead)July 27th, 2012 - 3:36 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, July 27 (IANS) Activist Anna Hazare Friday again accused the government of trying to break the unity of Team Anna by holding secret talks with him.
Talking to reporters here, Anna Hazare said: “V. Narayanasamy wrote a letter to me and gave it to my team so that they feel Anna is talking with government. They are trying to break our team.”
“It was their conspiracy to stop me from attending this agitation,” he said.
V. Narayanasamy, who is Minister of State in the Prime Minister’s Office, however, hit back saying he wrote only in response to Anna Hazare’s letter.
Narayanasamy Friday termed the indefinite fast by Team Anna at Jantar Mantar here as an attempt to “fool the people”.
He said their intentions have been exposed after they “announced launching a political party”.
“It is good they told very openly today (Friday) that they are forming a political party. Their intentions are exposed,” Narayanasamy said.
“We brought the Lokpal bill according to our commitment, it is now with the standing committee (of parliament). We have taken lot of steps. In spite of that, they are agitating because they have an agenda,” he said.
“The people who are sitting at hunger strike, they go and take rest in Maharashtra Sadan. They are fooling the people of this country,” the minister added.
Narayanasamy’s comments came after Anna Hazare, in an interview to a news channel Friday, said: “If people say that Anna should enter politics, then I could think about it.”
He, however, added a quick disclaimer: “I will not go into politics but I will give a political alternative to the people. I will not fight in elections. But if anyone fighting against corruption launches a political party, I will support it. I think the people are ready for an honest candidate.”
Friday is the third day of Team Anna’s indefinite fast at Jantar Mantar. Team members Arvind Kejriwal, Gopal Rai and Manish Sisodia are sitting on an indefinite fast against corruption and in support of a stringent Jan Lokpal bill.
Anna Hazare is likely to join the fast Sunday after his four-day ultimatum to the government ends.
- Team Anna has hidden agenda, says Narayanasamy - Jul 27, 2012
- People need political alternative: Anna - Aug 05, 2012
- Team Anna will realise responsibilities, compulsions: Soni - Aug 02, 2012
- Not launching political party: Anna Hazare (Interview) - Jul 27, 2012
- Team Anna ends fast, spells out political alternative (Lead) - Aug 03, 2012
- Police mum on Hazare request for fast - Aug 01, 2011
- Hazare gives ultimatum on Jan Lokpal bill - Jul 24, 2012
- Team Anna begins indefinite fast for a stringent Lokpal (Second Lead) - Jul 25, 2012
- Government cheated us: Hazare (Lead) - Jul 28, 2012
- Team Anna to end fast in V.K. Singh's presence - Aug 03, 2012
- Crowds swell as Ramdev comes to Team Anna's fast site (Lead) - Jul 27, 2012
- Ralegan-Siddhi villagers back Hazare - Jul 29, 2012
- Jan Lokpal is thrust of our movement: Anna (Lead) - Jul 26, 2012
- Lukewarm response to Team Anna fast on Day Four - Jul 28, 2012
- Prohibitory orders to be imposed ahead of Anna fast - Jul 29, 2011
Tags: activist, agitation, anna hazare, arvind kejriwal, conspiracy, corruption, gopal rai, honest candidate, hunger, manish, mantar, minister of state, New Delhi, prime minister, sadan, secret talks, spite, standing committee, team members, third day