Government to act promptly on defence issuesAugust 15th, 2012 - 9:43 am ICT by IANS
New Delhi, Aug 15 (IANS) The government will take “prompt action” when suggestions are made related to the pay and pensions of armed forces personnel, Prime Minister Manmohan Singh said Wednesday.
“Our government has set up a committee to examine issues relating to (the) pay and pension,” the prime minister said in his national address on the occasion of India’s Independence Day.
“This committee will also look into matters concerning pension of retired men and officers and family pension.
“We will take prompt action on the recommendations of the (official) committee, once they are received.”
The prime minister said he would like to thank “our security forces, who are guarding our frontiers bravely, from the bottom of my heart. We will continue to make efforts for their welfare”.
- Text of Prime Minister's Independence Day speech - Aug 15, 2012
- High-level panel formed to resolve defence pay disparity - Jul 13, 2012
- Antony pays tribute to martyrs of Leh on Independence Day-eve - Aug 14, 2010
- Panel's report on defence pay anomalies on Wednesday - Aug 07, 2012
- Government employees protest in Srinagar - Apr 10, 2012
- Government committed to welfare of armed forces: Antony - Aug 14, 2011
- Dhumal announces sops on I-Day - Aug 15, 2012
- Armed forces' grievances need urgent attention (Comment) - Aug 12, 2012
- Every effort to bring Lokpal bill in winter session: Khurshid - Nov 18, 2011
- PM avoids reference to Pak, but says terrorism and naxalism can be combatted - Aug 15, 2009
- PM clarifies on one-rank-one-pension for ex-servicemen - Mar 05, 2010
- Retired Gurkha soldiers lose court case over British army pensions - Oct 14, 2010
- Uneasy truce between government, army chief - Apr 24, 2012
- Decision on Indian Army chief's age soon: Antony - Apr 25, 2011
- Defence Minister's Message To The Armed Forces On The Eve Of Independence Day - Aug 15, 2009
Tags: armed forces, bottom of my heart, defence issues, family pension, frontiers, independence day, India, manmohan, manmohan singh, national address, New Delhi, pensions, prime minister manmohan, prime minister manmohan singh, security forces, welfare