Government spreading lies about Anna: KejriwalDecember 25th, 2011 - 11:50 pm ICT by IANS
Mumbai, Dec 25 (IANS) Dismissing reports of Anna Hazare’s links with the Rashtriya Swayamsevak Sangh (RSS), Team Anna member Arvind Kejriwal Sunday said the government was spreading “rumours” about the activist in a bid to divert attention from the Lokpal bill.
Addressing reporters at Mumbai’s MMRDA grounds, where Hazare is scheduled to hold a three-day fast from Tuesday, Kejriwal asked: “What is the mistake of Anna Hazare? That he is raising his voice against corruption?”
Kejriwal denied reports by a Hindi newspaper that linked Hazare with the RSS.
The newspaper reported that Hazare had close association with RSS patriarch Nanaji Deshmukh. It also published Hazare’s photograph with Deshmukh, taken a few years back.
“The government is provoking us by saying Anna is an RSS agent. Congress government is targeting Anna unnecessarily by spreading such rumours. Even former president Abdul Kalam and Digvijay Singh have been photographed with Deshmukh,” Kejriwal said.
Kejriwal said it was the Congress’ “tactics” to divert attention from the Lokpal bill.
He also alleged that the Central Bureau of Investigation (CBI) was formed only to protect the government and not to stop corruption.
“CBI is under the government’s thumb. Whenever the government wants support from someone, they put CBI after them,” Kejriwal said.
Kejriwal landed here Sunday evening and checked the preparations at the MMRDA grounds in southcentral Mumbai.
- Team Anna slams Congress for linking Hazare to RSS (Second Lead) - Dec 26, 2011
- Team Anna writes to PM ahead of Mumbai fast (Intro Roundup) - Dec 25, 2011
- Team Anna writes to PM ahead of Mumbai fast (Roundup) - Dec 25, 2011
- Congress links Anna with RSS; 'Lost its mind', BJP retorts (Lead) - Dec 25, 2011
- Anna set for fast, politicians hit back (Evening Lead) - Dec 26, 2011
- PM ready for 'give and take' as Hazare continues fast (Roundup) - Aug 20, 2011
- Anna set for fast, political class dubs him 'impatient' (Roundup) - Dec 26, 2011
- Mumbai's MMRDA grounds set for Hazare fast - Dec 25, 2011
- Anna set for fast, political class dubs him 'impatient' (Intro Roundup) - Dec 26, 2011
- Show unity against corruption, Digvijay tells MPs - Dec 27, 2011
- Congress has lost its mind: BJP - Dec 25, 2011
- Team Anna calls off 'jail bharo' agitation (Lead) - Dec 28, 2011
- As Anna fasts, parliament divided over Lokpal (Night Lead) - Dec 27, 2011
- Standing committee should reject Lokpal Bill: Kejriwal - Aug 20, 2011
- Anna ends fast, vows to rally against Congress (Roundup) - Dec 28, 2011
Tags: abdul kalam, activist, anna hazare, arvind kejriwal, cbi, central bureau of investigation, congress government, corruption, dec 25, digvijay singh, former president, mistake, mmrda, mumbai, patriarch, photograph, president abdul kalam, rashtriya swayamsevak sangh, sunday evening, thumb