Government protecting Islamic terrorists: TogadiaNovember 4th, 2008 - 9:29 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, Nov 4 (IANS) Vishwa Hindu Parishad leader Praveen Toghadia Tuesday alleged that the Congress-led central government is trying to protect Islamic terrorists by maligning Hindus and the army.“I blame this government for trying to malign Hindus and army in order to protect Islamic terrorists. It is being done under the Italy-born Sonia’s (Gandhi) guidance,” he told reporters.
He was referring to the Oct 24 arrest of Sadhvi Pragya Singh Thakur, along with her two alleged accomplices Shyam Bhavarlal Sahu and Shiv Narain Singh Kalsangra, for their suspected involvement in the Sep 29 serial bomb blasts in Malegaon and Modasa. Six people were killed in the blasts.
Togadia denied he knew Pragya ever, but added that being a “forensic expert” he knew that the evidence against her was false.
Ironically, the VHP international secretary general refused to comment when asked about the arrest of Ashwin Patel, joint secretary of the VHP’s Gujarat unit, by the Narendra Modi government and his being charged with sedition, defamation and inflaming communal passions.
Patel was arrested for being the source of a flurry of SMSes after the July 26 serial blasts in Ahmedabad which mocked at Modi for his failure to prevent the blasts that left 57 people dead. A few SMSes suggested Modi’s hand in the blasts.
- Malegaon blast: NIA to interrogate accused army officer - Jul 19, 2011
- Malegaon blast: Chargesheet against Pravin Mutalik - Apr 22, 2011
- Maharashtra ATS arrest Mutalik in Malegaon blast case - Feb 01, 2011
- Malegaon blast case: Supreme Court to hear Sadhvi Pragya 's appeal - Oct 04, 2010
- Ajmer blast case: CBI arrests 'mastermind' Swami Asimanand in Haridwar - Nov 19, 2010
- VHP accuses centre of bias in terror investigation - Nov 08, 2008
- Sadhvi Pragya arrested in Sunil Joshi murder case - Feb 26, 2011
- Sadhvi Pragnya files fresh bail plea - Nov 18, 2011
- Apex court dismisses Sadhvi Pragya's bail plea (Lead) - Sep 23, 2011
- Hindu seers stage protest in New Delhi - Nov 26, 2008
- Curfew continues in Rajouri town, 20 arrested - Mar 09, 2012
- RSS admits links with Samjhauta blast accused Aseemanand - Feb 02, 2011
- BJP's lotus flowering in pond of terrorism: Congress - Nov 05, 2008
- VHP to launch agitation against arrests of Hindu activists - Nov 17, 2008
- Another key accused in Malegaon blast held - Feb 01, 2011