Government fooling minorities on reservation: BJPMay 29th, 2012 - 6:29 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, May 29 (IANS) A day after Andhra Pradesh High Court quashed sub-quota in jobs on religious grounds, the Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) Tuesday slammed the Congress led-central government for “fooling” minorities in the name of reservations.
BJP spokesperson Nirmala Sitharaman told reporters at a party briefing here that it was always known that religion-based reservation cannot be sustainable.
“Government announced the sub-quota reservation for OBC Muslims just before the Uttar Pradesh elections. It was clearly politically motivated,” Sitharaman said.
“Every one knows that reservation on basis of religion cannot be sustainable. The government is misleading the nation, specially the minorities,” she said.
In a setback for the United Progressive Alliance central government, the Andhra Pradesh High Court Monday quashed the 4.5 percent sub-quota for the minorities carved out of the 27 percent reservation for other backward classes in jobs.
The central government has, however, said that it will approach the apex court on the issue.
- BJP hails apex court decision on minority quota - Jun 11, 2012
- Will challenge sub-quota denial in apex court: Khurshid (Lead) - May 29, 2012
- No stay on sub-quota quashing to hit 325 IIT aspirants - Jun 13, 2012
- SC declines to stay Andhra court order against sub-quota (Second Lead) - Jun 13, 2012
- Court quashes 4.5 percent sub-quota for minorities (Lead) - May 28, 2012
- Minority quota a poll stunt: BJP - Dec 23, 2011
- SC declines to stay Andhra court order against sub-quota (Third Lead) - Jun 13, 2012
- SC to hear Monday government plea on minorities' sub-quota - Jun 09, 2012
- Government files documents on minority sub-quota plea - Jun 12, 2012
- Government to move SC against quota decision - May 29, 2012
- Apex Court refuses to suspend order on minority sub-quota - Jun 11, 2012
- Supreme Court no to stay Andhra court sub-quota order (Lead) - Jun 13, 2012
- BJP won't tolerate religion-based quota: Uma Bharti - Jan 11, 2012
- Apex court refuses to suspend order on minority sub-quota (Lead) - Jun 11, 2012
- EC puts minorities quota on hold, BJP slams Congress 'bigotry' (Roundup) - Jan 11, 2012
Tags: andhra pradesh high court, apex, apex court, bharatiya janata party, bjp, central government, congress, jobs, minorities, muslims, New Delhi, progressive alliance, quota, religion, religious grounds, setback, spokesperson, uttar pradesh elections