Government could force-feed Team Anna: DigvijayAugust 1st, 2012 - 6:58 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, Aug 1 (IANS) Congress general secretary Digvijay Singh Wednesday indicated that the government could force-feed members of Team Anna if they continue their indefinite fast in support of their demand for a strong anti-graft Jan Lokpal bill.
“The government cannot allow people to die. Therefore, the government has to look into it,” Digvijay Singh told NDTV here.
Pushing for a dialogue, he, however, said talks could not be held at “gun point” and called upon Anna Hazare and his associates to give up their fast.
“My own experience as chief minister is that all issues can be sorted through dialogue,” he said.
He said Hazare and his associates giving up their fast will facilitate the process of dialogue.
Fasting Team Anna member Arvind Kejriwal, a diabetic, whose health condition has caused concern, said he was feeling weak but would not go to a government hospital where he feared he would surely die.
While Hazare’s fast against corruption entered the fourth day, Team Anna members, including Kejriwal, have been off food since a week in support of their cause. Doctors said that though they were weak, their condition was stable.
- No talks if fasting protesters forcefully removed: Anna Hazare (Second Lead) - Aug 01, 2012
- Team Anna hardens stand, cops want them hospitalised (Roundup) - Aug 01, 2012
- Fasting Team Anna members refuse to go to hospital (Lead) - Aug 01, 2012
- Never closed doors for talks with Team Anna: Congress (Lead) - Aug 01, 2012
- Hazare's fast enters fourth day - Aug 01, 2012
- Team Anna ends fast, spells out political alternative (Lead) - Aug 03, 2012
- Government spreading lies about Anna: Kejriwal - Dec 25, 2011
- Ralegan-Siddhi villagers back Hazare - Jul 29, 2012
- Kejriwal, Rai advised hospitalisation - Jul 31, 2012
- Hazare's health stable on second day of fast - Jul 30, 2012
- Kejriwal, Rai to continue fast despite failing health (Lead) - Jul 31, 2012
- Team Anna reject Lokpal panel's recommendations - Dec 07, 2011
- Hazare begins fast, demands passage of Jan Lokpal bill (Evening Lead) - Jul 29, 2012
- Anna breaks one-day token fast - Mar 25, 2012
- Army ex-chief joins Anna bandwagon - Aug 03, 2012
Tags: anna hazare, anti graft, arvind, cause doctors, chief minister, congress, corruption, dialogue, digvijay singh, general secretary, government hospital, gun point, health condition, lokpal bill, ndtv, New Delhi