Goa will achieve 15 percent growth rate: ParrikarAugust 15th, 2012 - 12:07 pm ICT by IANS
Panaji, Aug 15 (IANS) Goa will achieve a growth rate of 15 percent in the coming years, Chief Minister Manohar Parrikar said at an Independence Day function here Wednesday.
He also said that the government’s crackdown on corruption would have a “multiplier” effect on growth.
Parrikar said all the promises made by him in the party manifesto released during the March assembly elections would be implemented within three years.
“Zero tolerance towards corruption and working with highest standards of public service will result in efficient governance and have a multiplier effect on development and growth,” Parrikar said.
He said the government would continue its zero tolerance policy from “the top to the bottom”.
“I’m confident that Goa will achieve a growth rate of 15 percent in the coming years,” he said.
On the promises made by the BJP ahead of polls, Parrikar said he would require three years to deliver them.
- Parrikar assures crackdown on illegal mining in Goa - Mar 26, 2012
- Parrikar still hooked to 'Nayak'-like solutions (Goa Newsletter) - Jun 16, 2012
- Auction iron ore from Goa, CM told - Sep 10, 2012
- Congress wants Parrikar to cut diesel price - Jun 06, 2012
- Goa to give women Rs.1 lakh for wedding expenses - Jul 06, 2012
- BJP manifesto promises Goa Lokayukta within 100 days - Feb 19, 2012
- Parrikar's Lokayukta promise caught in red tape - Apr 05, 2012
- Goa mulls law barring politicians from sports bodies - Jul 27, 2012
- Before denial, Parrikar said illegal mining 'incessant' in Goa - Jul 18, 2012
- Congress accuses BJP of 'U-turn' on casino, illegal mining - Aug 22, 2012
- 936 from St. Andre opted for Portuguese citizenship - Jul 21, 2012
- Goa budget proposes to reduce petrol price by Rs.11 a litre - Mar 26, 2012
- Goa plans advisory body on Muslim, Christian issues - Apr 02, 2012
- Goa government urged to rectify land use plan - Mar 15, 2012
- Muthalik will be arrested if he enters Goa: Parrikar (Lead) - Jul 18, 2012
Tags: assembly elections, bjp, chief minister, corruption, crackdown, goa, governance, independence day, manohar parrikar, multiplier effect, panaji, party manifesto, polls, promises, zero tolerance policy