Goa officer sold drugs from police warehouse, CBI toldFebruary 4th, 2011 - 3:01 pm ICT by IANS
Panaji, Feb 4 (IANS) A now suspended Anti-Narcotics Cell (ANC) officer sold drugs from a police warehouse in Goa to foreign clients, the Central Bureau of Investigation (CBI) was informed in a letter that was tabled in the state assembly Friday.
The officer, sub-inspector Sunil Guddler, was caught in a sting operation selling drugs to two women, Ayala Driham and Zarina.
Ayala is the sister of Israeli drug dealer David Driham alias Dudu, who was released on bail after spending almost a year in jail, while Zarina is his girlfriend.
The letter of Goa Chief Secretary Sanjiv Srivastava, dated Jan 31, says: “In the interest of fairness and justice and to impart credibility to the investigations, the Goa government has decided to entrust the enquiry in this case to the CBI.”
The letter recalls steps taken by the Goa government in connection with the investigation into the police-politician-drug mafia nexus.
It says that there was a link between Guddler and seven other police officials who were suspended and arrested last year for their links with the drug mafia.
Both opposition and ruling party legislators have accused Home Minister Ravi Naik and a section of police officers of sabotaging the investigation into the drug nexus in which Naik’s son Roy is allegedly involved.
- Cop held in Goa drug nexus case - Oct 07, 2011
- Israelis, drugs and spy cam video wars in Goa (Letter from Goa) - Jan 12, 2011
- Plea for CBI probe into Goa's cops-politician-drug nexus (Lead) - Jan 14, 2011
- Goa drug nexus: Arunachal police officer may be summoned - Jan 20, 2011
- CBI points to links between Goa Police, drug mafia - Oct 01, 2011
- Israeli drug dealer Dudu released on bail - Feb 03, 2011
- 'Dismiss cop for comparing Mahatma to bribe money' - Jan 19, 2011
- High court issues notices in Goa drug nexus probe case - Jan 18, 2011
- Goa chief minister's criticism of cop flayed by BJP - Jan 17, 2011
- Goa drug mafia issue handed over to CBI, says home minister - Feb 02, 2011
- Goa police reviewing footage of 'drug peddling' cop - Jan 05, 2011
- CBI questions Goa NSUI chief in drug nexus case - Sep 15, 2011
- Goa cop accuses CBI official of assault - Sep 21, 2011
- CBI to bring Israeli drug dealer to Goa - Aug 17, 2011
- Goa cop held for links to drug mafia gets bail - Jun 02, 2010
Tags: alias, anc, ayala, cbi, central bureau of investigation, chief secretary, dudu, goa government, home minister, narcotics, police officials, ravi naik, ruling party, sanjiv, selling drugs, son roy, state assembly, sting operation, sunil, zarina