Goa CM dismisses Sri Ram Sene chief as inconsequentialJune 27th, 2012 - 10:41 pm ICT by IANS
Panaji, June 27 (IANS) Goa Chief Minister Manohar Parrikar Tuesday aggressively reiterated his commitment against the Karnataka based Hindu group Sri Rama Sene (SRS), calling its leader Pramod Muthalik “altu-faltu” (inconsequential).
Parrikar was responding to questions from the media about the proposed entry of the SRS in Goa and Muthalik’s public invitation to Parrikar to inaugurate its proposed state unit.
The Goa administration had in 2009 banned Muthalik’s entry into Goa, after media reports that he was planning to set up an SRS unit in the state.
“Why should I give so much weightage to Pramod Muthalik? Am I so bankrupt… I am asking you, should a chief minister accept such cheap invitations? Why should I pay attention to such altu faltu persons,” asked Parrikar.
Muthalik’s remarks about setting up shop in Goa earlier this month had created a public outcry here, with even the hospitality industry voicing its deep apprehensions.
The SRS had gained notoriety after its activists vandalized a pub in Mangalore, attacking its patrons including women in the name of “protection of Indian culture”.
- No religion for purpose of statecraft: Parrikar - Jun 13, 2012
- Action against those inviting Muthalik to Goa: CM - Jul 18, 2012
- Muthalik will be arrested if he enters Goa: Parrikar (Lead) - Jul 18, 2012
- Ram Sene should be monitored: Congress - Jun 21, 2012
- Deal with Sri Rama Sene like a terror outfit, says Faleiro - Jun 25, 2012
- Pramod Muthalik moves court against ban in Goa - Sep 23, 2009
- Sri Ram Sene will not find any takers in Goa: Naik - Mar 17, 2009
- Muthalik's Sri Ram Sene banned in South Goa - Apr 04, 2009
- Muthaliks Sri Rama Sene to support Varun Gandhi - Mar 24, 2009
- Goa shuts its doors to Sri Rama Sene and Muthalik - Mar 17, 2009
- Sri Rama Sene not banned in Goa: official - Apr 03, 2009
- 'Rent-a-riot' Muthalik pays for his fanaticism (Letter from Bangalore) - May 21, 2010
- Goa may ban Muthalik's entry, BJP backs the move (Lead) - Mar 19, 2009
- Ram Sene chief Muthalik attacked in Bangalore - Feb 11, 2010
- Black-faced Muthalik demands justice - Feb 12, 2010
Tags: altu, apprehensions, cheap invitations, chief minister, goa cm, hindu group, hospitality industry, indian culture, karnataka, mangalore, manohar parrikar, notoriety, panaji, patrons, public invitation, public outcry, sene, sri ram, sri rama, srs