Goa casino files complaint against tourism ministerJune 21st, 2009 - 12:10 pm ICT by IANS
Panaji, June 21 (IANS) Facing criminal charges for allegedly cheating Goa Tourism Minister Francisco Pacheco of Rs.1.25 crore in gambling winnings, a casino firm has alleged that Pacheco in fact owed it Rs.30 lakh in dues.
Gerald Fernandes, general manager of the Update Recreation and Gaming Pvt Ltd (URGPL) casino, which runs the Treasures casino at Majorda beach resort, has filed a police complaint against Pacheco.
Fernandes has also attached evidence to show that the minister owed the casino Rs.30 lakh in dues.
Meanwhile, the state home ministry has transferred the complaint against the minister from the Colva police to the crime branch.
- Goa tourism minister arrested yet again - Sep 30, 2009
- Goa minister claims casino duped him of Rs.1.25 crore winnings - Jun 18, 2009
- 'BJP favoured offshore casino lobby in Goa' - Jun 22, 2009
- Goa minister's aide held for threatening casino management - Jun 19, 2009
- 'Ministers going to casinos is bad' - Jun 22, 2009
- Goa tourism minister gets interim bail in casino extortion case - Sep 19, 2009
- Goa minister gets bail in extortion case (Lead) - Sep 19, 2009
- Nepali cartel running Goa casinos is fleecing patrons: minister - Jul 01, 2009
- Goa tourism minister accused of assaulting casino dealers - Jun 19, 2009
- Cops quiz Goa tourism minister in casino extortion case - Sep 29, 2009
- Goa minister booked for extorting money from casino - Sep 18, 2009
- Extortion charge against him to defame NCP, says Goa minister - Sep 18, 2009
- Australian booked for cheating in Goa - Jul 07, 2011
- Goa earned Rs.30 crore from casino entry fee - Aug 06, 2012
- CBI files complaint against Pacheco - Sep 08, 2010