Goa BJP wants police action against Congress leaderApril 16th, 2009 - 7:09 pm ICT by IANS
Panaji, April 16 (IANS) The Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) in Goa has complained to the police against Congress general secretary B.K. Hariprasad for his allegedly inflammatory statements against party veterans, former prime minister Atal Bihari Vajpayee and L.K. Advani.
Speaking to reporters after filing the complaint at the Panaji police station, former state BJP president Laxmikant Parsenkar said the police should book Hariprasad under those section of the stringent National Security Act (NSA) that were applied against BJP nominee Varun Gandhi last month for his allegedly inflammatory speeches.
“If Varun Gandhi has committed a crime, so has Hariprasad by making this speech, where he tried to taunt the BJP cadre by saying that Vajpayee and Advani should be dumped into the Arabian Sea. He wanted to instigate a violent reaction from our cadre,” Parsenkar said, referring to the Congress leader’s remarks here Sunday.
Deputy leader of the BJP’s legislative wing Francis D’Souza, who accompanied Parsenkar to the police station, said a copy of the complaint was also sent to the Election Commission.
D’Souza endorsed former Goa chief minister and BJP leader Manohar Parrikar’s demand for imposing the NSA on rights activist Teesta Setalvad for allegedly submitting false evidence in court and thus trying to create communal tension in Gujarat.
Setalwad of the Mumbai-based NGO Citizens for Peace and Justice (CPJ) has been accused of tutoring victims of the 2002 Gujarat violence.
- Parrikar's innings at office begins with chaos at swearing in - Mar 09, 2012
- Parrikar sworn-in as Goa chief minister - Mar 09, 2012
- Five Goa ministers allotted portfolios - Mar 16, 2012
- BJP to meet president over Goa illegal mining scam - Oct 31, 2011
- Former AIIMS director to shape Goa's health policy - Aug 29, 2012
- Goa NCP president booked for rioting, assault - Oct 27, 2010
- Central agency should probe Goa drug scene: BJP - Mar 08, 2010
- Errors force Goa to recall Class 12 mark sheets, probe ordered (Lead) - May 21, 2011
- Error forces Goa board to recall Class 12 mark sheets - May 21, 2011
- Congress takes potshots at caste rivalry in Goa BJP - Jan 30, 2012
- BJP approaches poll panel against Congress leader's remark - Apr 14, 2009
- 'BJP will form government in Goa' - Mar 06, 2012
- Police helped Israeli drug dealer escape: Goa opposition - Mar 31, 2011
- Laxmikant Parsenkar to head Goa BJP - Jan 16, 2010
- BJP to publish one lakh booklets on Goa scams - Mar 02, 2011
Tags: atal bihari vajpayee, bharatiya janata party, bjp leader, communal tension, congress leader, evidence in court, false evidence, former prime minister, gujarat violence, hariprasad, inflammatory statements, l k advani, laxmikant, manohar parrikar, national security act, prime minister atal, prime minister atal bihari, teesta setalvad, varun gandhi, violent reaction