Give Bihar special status for support: Nitish KumarMay 15th, 2009 - 2:20 pm ICT by IANS
Patna, May 15 (IANS) Bihar Chief Minister and Janata Dal-United (JD-U) leader Nitish Kumar Friday said he will support any party that gives Bihar special status.
“We will support whichever party gives Bihar a special status. That will be the basis of our support,” he said at a book launch here, a day before Lok Sabha election results are to be declared.
Talking at length on the development issues in the state, Nitish Kumar said the state’s long standing demand to give it special status had been rejected by Prime Minister Manmohan Singh.
Manmohan Singh, he said, was not even ready to discuss the issue.
“Three years back, on April 13, 2006, the state assembly decided that Bihar should be given special status and we requested a meeting with the prime minister. But we were not given time,” the chief minister said.
- We will take special status for Bihar: Nitish Kumar - Aug 27, 2011
- Bihar's ruling party on a green mission - Aug 29, 2011
- Signature campaign to seek special status for Bihar - Apr 08, 2010
- War rages in Bihar between BJP, JD-U (Bihar Newsletter) - Jun 23, 2012
- Bihar seeks special category - with signatures - Jul 10, 2011
- Nitish may back Ansari as vice president (Lead) - Jul 11, 2012
- Nitish Kumar congratulates Pranab, invites him to Bihar - Jul 22, 2012
- Nitish likely to support Ansari for vice president - Jul 11, 2012
- Budget is directionless, says Nitish Kumar - Feb 28, 2011
- BJP leader walks over to JD-U in Bihar - Jul 03, 2012
- Bihar Congress legislator quits, joins JD-U - Mar 14, 2011
- JD-U rebels form political outfit - Jun 21, 2011
- JD-U is with Jaswant Singh: Nitish - Jul 16, 2012
- BJP will not encourage desertions from JD-U in Bihar: Modi - Jul 10, 2012
- Bihar's ruling JD-U is against Modi for PM's post - Sep 18, 2011