Ghaziabad becomes first e-district in Uttar PradeshJanuary 2nd, 2009 - 10:53 pm ICT by IANS
Ghaziabad, Jan 2 (IANS) Ghaziabad has become Uttar Pradesh’s first electronically governed e-district, officials said Friday. The chairman of board of revenue of Uttar Pradesh, Vinod Kumar Malhotra, Friday inaugurated the e-governance centre (Jan Suvidha Kendra) on a public-private partnership basis.
Malhotra said that logistic support is not a sufficient tool to provide the e-governance; the work culture should also change.
He asked the government officials to change their mentality towards the public and be humble.
District Magistrate Deepak Agrawal said it is the beginning of a new revolution in the state when information technology will reach the common man in remote rural areas.
This district-level centre run by SGS InfoTech Private Limited has a direct link with the various government offices like tehsil (sub-district) and block development offices.
The required verification for issuing certificates would be made through the internet from the concerned offices, thus also saving the effort and time of the applicant.
A fee of Rs.15 would be charged for a certificate. At present caste certificates, domicile certificates and income certificates will be issued from this centre.
Later, 32 facilities including services for RTI, bank information and even railway booking would be included, the district magistrate said.
- Kerala to launch e-governance project Friday - Dec 14, 2010
- Kerala to lease out land to private IT developers - Aug 13, 2012
- All Jharkhand panchayats to be e-connected: Munda - Sep 14, 2011
- Punjab to provide e-convenience in all local bodies - Nov 09, 2010
- e-village programme eases rural people's lives - Jul 17, 2011
- UP to set up control rooms for road accident victims - May 25, 2012
- Single portal for e-governance services in Gujarat - Jul 21, 2010
- A passport in three days? New project to roll out soon - Jun 07, 2011
- Hapur is Uttar Pradesh's 74th district (Lead) - Sep 28, 2011
- Project Arrow yielded good results in Punjab: Pilot - Apr 10, 2011
- Farmer fury spreads, death toll is four (Second Lead) - May 08, 2011
- UP to pilot national single window for investors - Jun 07, 2012
- Land identified for AIIMS-like institute in Sonia's constituency - May 08, 2012
- Farmers' fury spreads, death toll four (Fourth Lead, correcting designation in para 4) - May 09, 2011
- Farmers' fury spreads, death toll four (Third Lead) - May 08, 2011