Ghana President John Atta Mills dead (Lead)July 25th, 2012 - 12:26 am ICT by IANS
Accra, July 24 (IANS) Ghanian President John Evans Atta Mills died at a military hospital Tuesday after falling ill, Xinhua reported.
Chief of Staff of the Presidency Henry Martey Newman said that President Mills died at 37 Millitary Hospital in Accra after being rushed there when his health deteriorated.
“It is with a heavy heart that we announce the sudden and untimely death of the president of the republic of Ghana,” a statement issued by Newman said.
Mills, 68, was inaugurated in January 2009. He returned home June 25 from the US where he had undergone gone a medical check-up.
–Indo-Asian New Service
- Ghana President Mills dies following short illness - Jul 25, 2012
- Obama mourns Ghanian president's death - Jul 25, 2012
- Ghana spent $1.8 mn on late president's funeral - Aug 28, 2012
- Ghanaian president finally moving into Indian-financed, rebuilt residence? (With Image) - Aug 27, 2012
- Clinton to attend late Ghanaian president's funeral - Aug 10, 2012
- Ghana president backs soccer team to fight back - Feb 17, 2012
- Five Indians held in Ghana - Feb 19, 2012
- IGNOU gets new web site on Republic Day - Jan 26, 2012
- Ghana football mourns death of African stars - May 09, 2012
- With Tharoor's resignation, Africa loses an ardent friend - Apr 19, 2010
- Cholera epidemic kills 11 in Ghana - Apr 05, 2012
- Seven dead in Ghana's fill station blast - Jun 24, 2012
- Ghana cholera toll rises to 21 - Apr 19, 2012
- Ghana to play China in international friendly - Jul 21, 2012
- Ghana expects to qualify, looks to game against England - Dec 05, 2009