George W. Bush voted most unpopular former US presidentJune 8th, 2012 - 8:17 pm ICT by IANS
London, June 8 (IANS) George W. Bush has been voted the most unpopular living former president of the US.
Bush - born July 6, 1946 - was the 43rd president of the US from 2001 to 2009.
According to a CNN poll, just 43 percent of people questioned said they have a good opinion of Bush, while 54 percent said the opposite.
However, two-thirds of Americans interviewed said they have a positive view of Bush’s predecessor, former president Bill Clinton, the Daily Mail reported citing The Huffington Post.
The daily said may be it was due to the war in Iraq, or the global financial crisis or even his “dubious grasp of the English language” that made Bush so unpopular.
Of the other living former presidents, Jimmy Carter is well-liked by 54 percent of those questioned and Bush’s father, George H.W. Bush got 59 percent.
- Ex-NASA scientist jailed for 13 years - Mar 22, 2012
- Obama support slips; Hillary Clinton most popular - Sep 17, 2011
- Barbara Bush hopes 'beautiful' Sarah Palin 'stays in Alaska' - Nov 21, 2010
- Obama expands national lead over Republican rivals: Poll - Mar 29, 2012
- Barbara Bush Desires That Sarah Palin Restrict Herself To Alaska - Nov 23, 2010
- Most Americans approve of Obama's decision to resume military tribunals in Gitmo - Mar 25, 2011
- Pakistani-British MP offers reward for Obama's capture - Apr 16, 2012
- 'Bush happy with living normal-sized existence after eight tumultuous years in White House' - Nov 13, 2010
- Romney picks up two big endorsements - Mar 30, 2012
- Over five in ten Americans still view George W. Bush as unpopular: USA Today/Gallup Poll - Nov 11, 2010
- Oral history of Bush presidency to be recorded - Nov 14, 2009
- Kennedy's funeral to be attended by five US presidents - Aug 28, 2009
- Obama's approval ratings 'remain steady' despite several setbacks: Poll - Dec 17, 2010
- Meghan McCain picks a bone with Palin over 'blue bloods' remark - Dec 02, 2010
- Barbara Bush hospitalised - Mar 28, 2010
Tags: 43rd president, bill clinton, cnn, cnn poll, daily mail, english language, former president bill clinton, george h w bush, george w bush, global financial crisis, grasp, huffington post, jimmy carter, living former presidents, london, predecessor, president bill clinton, two thirds, war in iraq