Geneva Mayor Kevin Burns fined for causing crashFebruary 9th, 2011 - 7:32 pm ICT by Aishwarya Bhatt
Geneva, Feb 9 (THAINDIAN NEWS) A judge at the Kane County traffic court has fined the Mayor of Geneva, Kevin Burns, for a driving offence.
The Mayor was found guilty of reckless driving that resulted in an accident at the West State Street. The accident didn’t result in injury to anybody but Burns was solely blamed for the accident.
According to the police, Burns drove his car to the rear of a parked car, which also moved and crashed into the rear of another parked car. At the time, Burns told the police at the scene that he didn’t know why he failed to step on the brake on time.
A judge took exception to the Mayor’s case because it was the second time that he had been involved in a traffic violation. He has been ordered to pay a fine of $175 for the incident. He was not in court for the sentencing leaving his attorney’s to defend him.
The 46-year-old mayor has also been slapped with six-month supervision.
Burns was booked in January 2010 when he drove through a no-passing zone. After the hearing the mayor was fined $185 and placed on supervision.
- Geneva Mayor Kevin Burns Fined With $175 For Car Crash In December - Feb 09, 2011
- Learner driver jailed for killing 9 year old - Dec 22, 2011
- Man kills woman while parking car - Mar 10, 2012
- Fatally hurt, but Chinese driver saves lives - Jun 04, 2012
- Man banned from driving for 56 years - Jul 23, 2012
- Russian priest assaults women in road rage - Sep 06, 2012
- Driver Crashes His Car Twice After Being Pulled Over By Police - Nov 18, 2010
- Teen Passes Driving Test, Crashes Into DMV - All In A Day - Oct 15, 2010
- Rooney snapped on phone while driving - Jan 23, 2011
- 'Sleepwalking' Swedish man acquitted of drunken driving charges - Nov 02, 2010
- Amanda Bynes in another car accident - May 07, 2012
- Driver rams bus into park to avoid collision - Mar 07, 2012
- Holi claims seven lives on Delhi roads - Mar 09, 2012
- Chinese driver ran over child four times - Sep 14, 2010
- Report: Snail had caused fatal crash at a traffic light in UK - Jan 31, 2011