Gehlot highlights welfare schemes on I-DayAugust 15th, 2012 - 1:47 pm ICT by IANS
Jaipur, August 15 (IANS) Rajasthan Chief Minister Ashok Gehlot on Independence Day Wednesday said his government is committed to the welfare of people in every section of the society.
“My government’s efforts are to provide a transparent and responsive government,” said Gehlot while unfurling the national flag at the state-level ceremony in Jaipur’s Sawai Man Singh Stadium here on the occasion of the 66th Independence Day.
“We have, from today, launched a free veterinary medicine scheme in the state,” Gehlot said while highlighting various government schemes.
Addressing a large gathering, Gehlot said the government would take appropriate steps in the districts passing through a drought-like situation.
“We are working towards the development of the state,” he said.
“We have provided jobs to over 70,000 youths in three years. We plan to give over 1.4 lakh jobs to educated youths this year. Besides, we have launched an unemployed allowance scheme,” Gehlot said.
The chief minister said his government had also launched the Chief Minister BPL Awas Yojana under which every year, 100,00 houses would be provided to the below-poverty line (BPL) families living in urban areas.
“Work on the Metro rail project in Jaipur is going at full speed and the first phase is likely to be completed by June 2013,” he said.
“Construction of the 3,300-km road network to connect villages will start soon,” he said.
The chief minister also honoured 38 police and government officers on the Independence Day.
- Free medicines for all in Rajasthan from Oct 2 - Aug 15, 2011
- Rajasthan to offer houses to urban poor - Aug 09, 2012
- Rajasthan's targets 400,000 new jobs this year - Aug 13, 2012
- Rajasthan to provide free medicines - Oct 02, 2011
- Sheila Dikshit launches 'Kerosene Free Delhi' scheme - Aug 21, 2012
- CPI-M slams UPA's idea of 'Har Hath Mein Phone' - Aug 12, 2012
- Rajasthan invites diaspora youth to come visiting - Jan 09, 2012
- Delhi's poor to get 3 more subsidised LPG cylinders - Sep 17, 2012
- Rajasthan to offer free medicines to all: Ashok Gehlot (Interview) - Apr 26, 2011
- Want slum free India: PM - Aug 15, 2011
- India does first urban poverty survey - May 31, 2011
- Ramesh wipes shoe with khadi garland, Congress fumes - Jul 26, 2011
- Government health insurance to cover beedi workers - Mar 15, 2012
- Meghalaya to introduce health insurance scheme - Aug 02, 2011
- Bihar assembly committee to probe 'health scam' - Aug 09, 2012
Tags: ashok, august 15, chief minister, drought, full speed, government officers, government schemes, independence day, lakh jobs, man singh, medicine, metro rail project, national flag, poverty line, rajasthan, responsive government, urban areas, veterinary medicine, welfare schemes, yojana