Geetika was exploited: Women’s panelAugust 21st, 2012 - 5:57 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, Aug 21 (IANS) Geetika Sharma, a former flight attendant who committed suicide here, was exploited by her employer, the National Commission for Women (NCW) said Tuesday, promising to press for punishment for those who drove her to death.
“She was exploited, and I feel justice should be done and those responsible for the death should be punished,” NCW chairperson Mamta Sharma told a news channel.
The NCW has submitted its probe report into Geetika’s suicide on the night of Aug 4-5 at her house in north Delhi’s Ashok Vihar to the union women and child development ministry. Geetika’s employer and former Haryana minister Gopal Goyal Kanda is an accused in the case.
Sharma also voiced surprise over Geetika’s post-mortem report making it to the media before a copy was given to the commission.
“The police have not handed us a copy of the post-mortem report. How did it manage to reach the media,” she wondered.
Kanda was arrested Saturday after being on the run since Aug 8. Geetika, 23, accused him and Aruna Chaddha, an official of his now-defunct MDLR Airlines where she used to work, of harassing her and forcing her to commit suicide. Kanda is in police custody and Chaddha is in judicial custody.
- Hearing on Aruna Chaddha's bail plea deferred - Sep 05, 2012
- Court rejects Aruna Chaddha's bail plea - Sep 07, 2012
- Chaddha's judicial custody extended till Sep 11 - Aug 30, 2012
- Court again rejects cops' plea seeking Chaddha's custody - Aug 21, 2012
- Aruna Chaddha moves bail application - Aug 31, 2012
- Police scan Kanda's 400 SMS to Geetika - Aug 12, 2012
- Court again rejects cops' plea for Chaddha's custody (Lead) - Aug 21, 2012
- Police search Kanda's farmhouse for evidence - Aug 20, 2012
- Aruna Chaddha moves high court for bail (Lead) - Sep 20, 2012
- Geetika suicide: Chaddha sent to a day's judicial custody - Aug 20, 2012
- Suicide notes written on day of Geetika's death: Police - Aug 24, 2012
- Gurgaon women to march for Geetika to Jantar Mantar - Aug 22, 2012
- Kanda sent to 7 days police custody (Lead) - Aug 18, 2012
- Court issues warrant against Kanda (Lead) - Aug 16, 2012
- Court issues warrant against Kanda - Aug 16, 2012
Tags: airlines, ashok, chairperson, child development, development ministry, flight attendant, haryana minister, judicial custody, kanda, mamta, New Delhi, north delhi, police custody, post mortem report, suicide, surprise, union women