Geetika suicide: Chaddha sent to a day’s judicial custodyAugust 20th, 2012 - 7:48 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, Aug 20 (IANS) Aruna Chaddha, an accused in former flight attendant Geetika Sharma’s suicide case, was Monday sent to judicial custody for a day by a Delhi court which rejected a plea to extend her police custody by three days.
Investigators had sought an extension in the police remand of the official of the now-defunct MDLR Airlines and Geetika’s colleague to bring her face to face with co-accused, her employer and Haryana’s former minister Gopal Goyal Kanda.
Metropolitan Magistrate Vipin Kharb extended Chaddha’s judicial custody till Tuesday and told police that they could move a fresh application for her interrogation.
The court rejected the investigators’ application for extending her police remand by three more days, saying that they had failed to show any documents related to the recovery of any computer hard disks from her office or home.
Chaddha was arrested Aug 8 and sent to seven days police custody. Kanda surrendered Saturday and is in police custody.
Kanda was earlier on the run since Aug 8 after Geetika, 23, accused him and Chaddha, of harassing her and forcing her to commit suicide. She died on the night of Aug 4-5 at her house in north Delhi’s Ashok Vihar. Both Kanda and Chaddha have denied the allegations.
Charges of criminal intimidation were slapped on Kanda and Chaddha over the suicide.
Kanda owned the MDLR Airlines where Geetika worked as a flight attendant. After the airlines ceased to function in 2009, she was given a job in another company owned by him.
According to Geetika’s brother, his sister was being constantly mentally harassed by Kanda and Chaddha.
Kanda resigned from the Haryana ministry after Geetika’s suicide.
- Geetika suicide: Police denied custody of Chaddha (Lead) - Aug 20, 2012
- Court again rejects cops' plea seeking Chaddha's custody - Aug 21, 2012
- Kanda sent to 7 days police custody (Lead) - Aug 18, 2012
- Court rejects Aruna Chaddha's bail plea - Sep 07, 2012
- Chaddha's judicial custody extended till Sep 11 - Aug 30, 2012
- Police search Kanda's farmhouse for evidence - Aug 20, 2012
- Aruna Chaddha moves bail application - Aug 31, 2012
- Geetika case politically motivated, Kanda tells court (Second Lead) - Aug 28, 2012
- Kanda, Chaddha in judicial custody till Sep 25 - Sep 11, 2012
- Hearing on Aruna Chaddha's bail plea deferred - Sep 05, 2012
- Aruna Chaddha moves high court for bail (Lead) - Sep 20, 2012
- Kanda's police custody extended by three days - Aug 25, 2012
- Kanda's police custody extended by three days (Lead) - Aug 25, 2012
- Court again rejects cops' plea for Chaddha's custody (Lead) - Aug 21, 2012
- Geetika suicide: Chaddha to be questioned for another day - Aug 11, 2012
Tags: aruna, ashok, colleague, computer hard disks, criminal intimidation, delhi court, flight attendant, haryana, interrogation, investigators, judicial custody, magistrate, mdlr airlines, New Delhi, north delhi, plea, police custody, police remand, seven days, suicide case