Gadkari slams UPA government for rampant inflationJuly 8th, 2012 - 10:55 pm ICT by IANS
Kangra (Himachal Pradesh), July 8 (IANS) Slamming the Congress-led United Progressive Alliance (UPA) central government for the price rise, Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) president Nitin Gadkari Sunday said that inflation has broken all the records in eight years of its reign.
“Petrol prices have gone up 18 times, bank interest rates up 17 times, foodgrains worth crores are rotting, big scams have surfaced one after another and unemployment is on the rise. This all has been given by the UPA,” Gadkari said at a public rally.
Comparing the BJP-led National Democratic Alliance regime with UPA government, he said the gross domestic product (GDP) which was around 9 percent during the Atal Bihari Vajpayee government has come down to 5.5 percent in the UPA regime.
Charging the UPA with not being serious on bringing back huge amounts of black money stashed in foreign banks, Gadkari said: “If BJP returns to power in 2014 (general elections), it will bring back the black money.”
Termed the upcoming assembly polls in the hill state as a semi-final to the 2014 general elections, he called upon the party workers to work hard to ensure the party’s win
Chief Minister Prem Kumar Dhumal and BJP vice president Shanta Kumar were also present at the rally.
Himachal Pradesh is likely to go to the polls in October for its 68 assembly seats.
- Gadkari steps in again to paper over BJP in-fighting (Himachal Pradesh Newsletter) - Jun 10, 2012
- Shanta, Dhumal agree to hold joint rallies in Himachal - Jul 01, 2012
- BJP doesn't expect political support from Ramdev: Gadkari - Aug 13, 2012
- UPA responsible for loot of the country: Gadkari - Feb 05, 2011
- Shanta Kumar questions BJP's 'back to power' dream (Himachal Pradesh Newsletter) - May 19, 2012
- Congress cause of country's woes: Gadkari - Mar 27, 2011
- Parties back black money issue inside, outside parliament (Second Lead) - Aug 13, 2012
- Gadkari urges Centre to take measures to reclaim black money stashed in foreign banks - Jan 30, 2011
- Did PM mislead parliament on accounts abroad, asks BJP - Jan 15, 2011
- UPA is looting the country: Gadkari - Jan 29, 2011
- Advani flays government over black money, graft - Oct 11, 2011
- Why didn't Advani bring back black money, asks Sonia - Feb 25, 2012
- Manmohan Singh weakest PM: Advani - Oct 17, 2011
- Miffed Shanta wants action against corruption (Himachal Pradesh Newsletter) - May 04, 2012
- Supreme Court criticizes Govt. on black money issue - Jan 19, 2011
Tags: assembly polls, assembly seats, atal bihari, bank interest rates, black money, central government, chief minister, foreign banks, general elections, gross domestic product, himachal pradesh, national democratic alliance, nitin, petrol prices, progressive alliance, public rally, rampant inflation, scams, shanta kumar, worth crores