Gaddar begins tour of Telangana villagesOctober 15th, 2010 - 8:12 pm ICT by IANS
Hyderabad, Oct 15 (IANS) Maoist sympathizer and president of newly-floated Telangana Praja Front (TPF) Gaddar Friday began touring villages in Telangana to strengthen the movement for separate statehood to the region.
The revolutionary balladeer began his tour from Enimila tanda, a tribal hamlet in Kottakota mandal of Mahabubnagar district. He met tribal leaders and discussed with them the strategy to be adopted to achieve a separate state of Telangana.
The folk singer, who launched TPF last week, also visited a few areas in Mahabubnagar town and interacted with local Muslim leaders. Gaddar also held a meeting with representatives of various backward classes, Scheduled Castes, Scheduled Tribes and students.
Talking to reporters, he said the tour was aimed at taking the movement to the people. TPF’s main agenda is to ensure that a bill is tabled in parliament to carve out a separate Telangana state.
He said the front would bring farmers, Dalits and workers into the Telangana movement. Gaddar pointed out that people from these sections were already active in the front.
The TPF leader criticised Telangana Rashtra Samiti (TRS) president K. Chandrasekhara Rao, who represents Mahabubnagar Lok Sabha constituency. “I want to know how many times he raised the demand for Telangana bill in the parliament,” asked Gaddar.
He also wondered what the TRS chief has done for the development of the backward constituency. He also lashed out at Telugu Desam Party (TDP) for its ambiguous stand on Telangana.
The Maoist sympathizer vowed to bring all forces working for the formation of Telangana state onto a single platform.
- Gaddar vows not to return home without achieving Telangana state - Oct 05, 2010
- Gaddar set to dislodge TRS chief from Telangana leadership - Oct 04, 2010
- Maoist sympathiser Gaddar takes up Telangana cause - Oct 09, 2010
- Gaddar's Telangana outfit to chalk out plans Oct 14 - Oct 10, 2010
- Unease in Andhra ahead of Srikrishna panel report - Dec 29, 2010
- TRS wants Telangana bill irrespective of Srikrishna report - Dec 30, 2010
- Protesters demanding Telangana block rail traffic - Mar 01, 2011
- Nothing less than Telangana acceptable, say TRS, TDP (Lead) - Jan 06, 2011
- Hyderabad, other parts of Telangana hit by rail blockade (Lead) - Mar 01, 2011
- No option except Telangana acceptable, says TRS - Jan 06, 2011
- Telangana supporters paralyse rail traffic for separate state (Third Lead) - Mar 01, 2011
- Telangana groups observe 1st anniversary of centre's announcement - Dec 09, 2010
- Telangana supporters disrupt train traffic (Second Lead) - Mar 01, 2011
- Telangana legislators of TDP, TRS to boycott Andhra assembly - Mar 02, 2011
- Victory celebrations in TRS camp - Mar 21, 2012
Tags: balladeer, dalits, farmers, folk singer, hamlet, Lok Sabha, mandal, maoist, muslim leaders, parliament, rao, sabha constituency, statehood, sympathizer, tdp, telangana movement, tribal leaders, tribes, trs