Gaddafi vows not to surrenderSeptember 2nd, 2011 - 6:04 am ICT by IANS
Tripoli, Sep 2 (IANS) Libyan leader Muammar Gaddafi has once again vowed in an audio message broadcast on television that he would not surrender. He urged his loyalists to continue their resistance to the rebellion.
“We are not weak women. We are not slaves. We can not give up. We can not surrender,” Gaddafi said in the message broadcast on Syria’s Al-Rrai TV channel.
“Let this be a long fight and let Libya be engulfed in flames,” he said.
Gaddafi called on his supporters in the capital Tripoli to fight back and “set ambushes” against the “collaborators” of NATO.
He also urged the tribes who support him to continue fighting even if they could not hear from him again.
“All Libyan tribes are heavily armed and cannot be brought to their knees. We’ll be awarded victory ultimately. We can never surrender,” said Gaddafi, whose whereabouts remain unknown.
In an audio message broadcast on the Syrian TV channel Wednesday, Gaddafi’s second son, Saif al-Islam said his father was doing well and vowed to “liberate” the Green Square in Tripoli from the rebels’ control.
- Rebels tighten grip on Tripoli, capture Gaddafi's sons - Aug 22, 2011
- Gaddafi pledges not to surrender in new speech - Aug 22, 2011
- Gaddafi's son vows to avenge father's death - Oct 23, 2011
- Gaddafi's elder son Mohammad escapes from rebels - Aug 23, 2011
- Gaddafi daughter asks Libyans to revolt - Nov 30, 2011
- Gaddafi wandered Tripoli streets in disguise - Aug 24, 2011
- Libyan interim PM assures fair trial of Gaddafi's son (Lead) - Nov 20, 2011
- Gaddafi vows to fight till death - Jun 08, 2011
- Gaddafi's son warns of bloody civil war (Lead) - Feb 21, 2011
- Finally, a hunted Gaddafi bleeds to death - Oct 20, 2011
- Gaddafi's daughter denies fleeing her country - Feb 25, 2011
- Gaddafi says he is still in Libya - Sep 27, 2011
- Air strikes continue as Gaddafi sees foreigners hands in protests (Lead) - Mar 09, 2011
- "We will never surrender": Gaddafi's son - Mar 11, 2011
- Gaddafi's son says Tripoli under government control - Aug 23, 2011
Tags: audio message, broadcast, collaborators, flames, islam, knees, libya, libyan leader muammar, libyan leader muammar gaddafi, loyalists, muammar gaddafi, nato, rebellion, rebels, resistance, slaves, syrian tv, tribes, tripoli, tv channel