Gabrielle Giffords is in good condition so transferred to rehab centerJanuary 27th, 2011 - 1:15 am ICT by Aishwarya Bhatt
Tucson, Jan 26 (THAINDIAN NEWS) Congresswoman, Gabrielle Giffords, was moved to a rehab facility on Wednesday after making a progress on her condition.
Doctors on Tuesday rated the condition of Giffords “good”. The hospital had earlier classified Gifford’s condition as “serious” after a fluid built up in her brain.
The congresswoman and 19 others were shot on the 8th day of January at Tucson. The shootings left six people dead and fourteen others including the congresswoman in hospital.
According to the doctors at the hospital, Giffords is being moved to the TIRR Memorial Hermann rehab center where she will be taken through a full fledged rehab program.
Giffords was shot at close range in the forehead. The bullet then exited the back of her skull which resulted in the damage of some critical tissues in her head. Doctors have been working since she was moved into the intensive care unit to save her life and the congresswoman has made some strong strides since then.
Jared Loughner is currently facing charges at a federal count for the shootings. The police believe that he acted alone. It is expected that the state will also press charges against Loughner for the incident.
- Shot US Congresswoman Giffords moved to rehab center in 'good' condition - Jan 27, 2011
- Shot US Congresswoman Giffords now able to walk and speak - Mar 25, 2011
- Gabrielle Giffords recovering from her skull wound - May 19, 2011
- U. S. Congresswoman Gabrielle Giffords Expected To Be Released On Friday - Jan 20, 2011
- Former US Congresswoman's shooter pleads guilty - Aug 08, 2012
- Arizona Shooting Victim Gabrielle Giffords Responding To Commands, Doctors Say - Jan 10, 2011
- Gabrielle Giffords in Good Condition Transfers to Rehab Center - Jan 27, 2011
- Rep. Gabrielle Giffords to be released from hospital on Friday - Jan 20, 2011
- U.S. Rep. Giffords departs to Houston for rehab after surviving attack - Jan 22, 2011
- US Congresswoman may be able to attend husband's shuttle launch - Mar 09, 2011
- Shot congresswoman Giffords to move to Texas rehabilitation clinic - Jan 20, 2011
- Loughner pleads 'not guilty' of shooting US Senator Giffords - Mar 10, 2011
- Gabrielle Giffords successfully transferred to rehab in Texas - Jan 22, 2011
- U.S. Representative Gabrielle Giffords Shot In Arizona - Jan 09, 2011
- Astronaut Mark Kelly to resume NASA mission training - Feb 05, 2011
Tags: brain, close range, congresswoman gabrielle giffords, forehead, gabrielle giffords, head doctors, intensive care unit, memorial hermann, rehab center, rehab facility, rehab program, skull, strides, tirr, tissues