Furore in Lok Sabha over coal scamAugust 21st, 2012 - 12:48 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, Aug 21 (IANS) The Lok Sabha was adjourned till 12 noon Tuesday as the opposition noisily demanded the resignation of Prime Minister Manmohan Singh over the Comptroller and Auditor General’s (CAG) report on coal block allocation.
Speaker Meira Kumar adjourned the house till 12 noon after BJP members refused to allow proceedings and rushed towards the speaker’s podium raising slogans.
India’s official auditor had last week revealed that the lack of transparency in the allocation of coal blocks to private players resulted in a loss of a whopping Rs.1.85 lakh crore ($37 billion) to the exchequer as on March 11 last year.
- BJP corners PM over coal scam, parliament disrupted (Lead) - Aug 21, 2012
- Parliament again disrupted over coal scam - Aug 23, 2012
- Parliament disrupted again over coal block allocation - Aug 22, 2012
- Parliament again disrupted over coal saga (Second Lead) - Aug 23, 2012
- BJP corners PM over coal allotment, Lok Sabha adjourned (Second Lead) - Aug 21, 2012
- Parliament again disrupted over coal scam (Lead) - Aug 23, 2012
- BJP sticks to 'quit PM' demand (Second Lead) - Aug 24, 2012
- BJP renews demand for PM's resignation, disrupts parliament (Lead) - Aug 22, 2012
- Parliament adjourned for the day over coal saga (Third Lead) - Aug 23, 2012
- Coal scam: parliament again adjourned - Aug 24, 2012
- Parliament adjourned for third day; all-party meeting on Monday (Roundup) - Aug 23, 2012
- Coal allotment: Chorus for PM's resignation, parliament adjourned (Third Lead) - Aug 21, 2012
- BJP sticks to 'quit PM' demand, parliament adjourned (Lead) - Aug 24, 2012
- Logjam continues, parliament adjourned (Second Lead) - Sep 03, 2012
- BJP disrupts parliament again (Lead) - Aug 28, 2012
Tags: block allocation, cag report, coal, comptroller and auditor general, crore, furore, Lok Sabha, manmohan, manmohan singh, march 11, meira kumar, New Delhi, podium, prime minister manmohan, prime minister manmohan singh, private players, resignation, rs 1, slogans, whopping rs