From Maharashtra Deora retains petroleum, Patel aviationMay 29th, 2009 - 12:15 am ICT by IANS
New Delhi, May 28 (IANS) Murli Deora of the Congress in Maharashtra Thursday retained the cabinet portfolio of petroleum and natural gas while Nationalist Congress Party (NCP) leader Praful Patel from the state was renamed as the civil aviation minister in Prime Minister Manmohan Singh’s new government.
In all, Maharashtra got five cabinet posts and two ministers of state with independent charge.
Congress’ Sushil Kumar Shinde, a Dalit leader from Maharashtra, has also retained his portfolio of power.
Former Maharashtra chief minister Vilasrao Deshmukh, a debutant union minister, was given the charge of heavy industries and public enterprises.
Congress leader Mukul Wasnik has been given the ministry of social justice and empowerment.
Congress leader Prithviraj Chavan, a minister of state with independent charge, has the largest number of portfolios, which include ministry of science and technology, minister of state in the prime minister’s office, ministry of personnel, public grievances and pensions and minister of state of parliamentary affairs.
Patel will continue to be the minister of state with independent charge of civil aviation.
NCP Chief Sharad Pawar was already named as the agriculture minister, the post he held in the previous government.
- PM makes significant changes in key economic portfolios - Jan 19, 2011
- Prime Minister Manmohan Singh's new team - Jul 12, 2011
- Some gainers in Congress, a few lose spotlight in shuffle - Jan 20, 2011
- Nine ministers retain portfolios - May 28, 2009
- Keeping assembly polls in mind, Manmohan Singh reshuffles UPA II Cabinet - Jan 19, 2011
- Manmohan shuffles ministry, focus on economy, governance (Lead) - Jan 19, 2011
- Tepid changes made cabinet reshuffle a non-event (Comment) - Jan 22, 2011
- Manmohan shuffles ministers but pack of cards is old - Jan 19, 2011
- The new council of ministers after Wednesday's reshuffle - Jan 19, 2011
- No new cabinet induction from UPA allies - Jan 19, 2011
- Congress takes charge of most economic ministries, DMK's Raja gets IT (Lead) - May 29, 2009
- Deshmukh's mortal remains consigned to flames (Second Lead) - Aug 15, 2012
- List of Manmohan Singh's 'reshuffled' council of ministers (Lead) - Jan 19, 2011
- Maharashtra Cabinet to be expanded today - Nov 18, 2010
- Manmohan allocates work to all ministers, wants benchmarks set (Second Lead) - May 29, 2009
Tags: agriculture minister, cabinet posts, civil aviation, congress leader, deora, maharashtra chief minister, manmohan singh, ministers of state, ministry of personnel, nationalist congress party, parliamentary affairs, praful patel, prime minister manmohan, prime minister manmohan singh, prithviraj, public grievances, sharad pawar, sushil kumar, technology minister, vilasrao deshmukh