Fresh summons issued to Gupta for defaming DikshitJune 22nd, 2012 - 3:46 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, June 22 (IANS) A court here Friday issued fresh summons against Bharatiya Janata Party leader Vijender Gupta in a defamation case filed by Chief Minister Sheila Dikshit.
Metropolitan Magistrate Saumya Chauhan issued the fresh summons to Gupta for July 12 after he failed to appear before her court.
The court on June 4 had accepted Delhi Chief Minister Sheila Dikshit’s plea for issuance of summons against Gupta for defaming her prior to the April civic polls in the capital.
Dikshit alleged that Gupta used “uncivilised” language against her, calling her “villain”, “cheat” and a “vamp”, and also said that she had intentionally cheated the people of Delhi.
Dikshit’s counsel Mehmood Pracha told the court that Gupta neither responded to the legal notice served on him, nor apologised for his remarks against her.
The chief minister May 30 recorded her statement against Gupta and requested the court to summon him for having allegedly used “uncivilised” language.
- Court summons BJP leader on Dikshit's plea - Jun 04, 2012
- Court reserves order on Dikshit's plea - May 31, 2012
- Court spares BJP leader personal appearance in Dikshit case - Jul 12, 2012
- Dikshit gets court notice on BJP leader's plea - Jul 10, 2012
- BJP leader denied relief on Dikshit's defamation complaint - Aug 13, 2012
- Court grants bail to BJP leader Gupta - Aug 31, 2012
- Dikshit records statement in court against BJP leader - May 30, 2012
- Settle defamation case, court tells Dikshit, BJP leader - Apr 24, 2012
- No intention to defame anyone: Sheila Dikshit - Mar 15, 2012
- Court defers hearing over Dikshit - Feb 23, 2012
- Dikshit, Gupta told to settle suit amicably - May 08, 2012
- Court notice to Dikshit, centre on Lokayukta report - Aug 13, 2012
- Settle defamation case amicably: Court urges Dikshit, BJP leader - Mar 15, 2012
- MCD elections: Sheila attacks BJP - Mar 12, 2012
- Dikshit assures action on CWG lapses - Feb 21, 2012