Free travel for Haryana women on Raksha BandhanAugust 14th, 2008 - 8:37 pm ICT by IANS
Chandigarh, Aug 14 (IANS) Women in Haryana will be allowed to travel free in state roadways buses on the festival of Raksha Bandhan Saturday, Chief Minister Bhupinder Singh Hooda said Thursday. This free travel concession is available for women of all ages, and children up to the age of 15 years accompanying them, in the buses of Haryana Roadways operating within the state, including the buses plying up to Chandigarh and Delhi — except the Haryana Gaurav, deluxe and Volvo buses, he said.
For passengers’ convenience on the festival day, instructions have been given to ensure the deployment of the maximum number of buses, a senior transport official said.
An adequate number of police personnel will be deployed at bus stands to ensure smooth operations of the buses, said the official.
- Free Raksha Bandhan ride to women, kids in Haryana - Jul 31, 2012
- Haryana gifts women free bus rides for 'Rakhi' - Aug 17, 2010
- Gurgaon-Chandigarh Volvo buses a hit - Apr 02, 2012
- Women to get free bus rides on Rakhi day - Aug 01, 2012
- Delhi women to get free bus rides on Rakhi day - Aug 23, 2010
- Haryana to give ID cards to haemophilic children - Apr 17, 2011
- Rakhi highlights importance of women in Indian society: PM - Aug 12, 2011
- Thousands hit due to bus strike in Haryana (Lead) - Jun 08, 2011
- Haryana bus strike hits thousands (Second Lead) - Jun 08, 2011
- Punjab to allow sisters to tie rakhis to prisoner brothers - Aug 03, 2009
- Cops escort buses in Haryana as unions go on strike - Feb 28, 2012
- Rakhi celebrated in Chandigarh - Aug 05, 2009
- Women to get free bus ride in Delhi on Rakhi day - Aug 03, 2009
- 'Brave cops' to travel free on Haryana buses - Apr 24, 2010
- Curfew in Hisar, army help sought as violence intensifies - Sep 14, 2010
Tags: adequate number, bhupinder singh hooda, chief minister, concession, convenience, deployment, free travel, haryana roadways, maximum number, raksha bandhan, smooth operations, state roadways, volvo, volvo buses