Four JMM legislators boycott legislative party meetingOctober 19th, 2011 - 12:21 am ICT by IANS
Ranchi, Oct 18 (IANS) Expressing unhappiness with the functioning of Jharkhand government, four of Jharkhand Mukti Morcha’s (JMM) 17 legislators boycotted the party legislative party meeting Tuesday.
The four legislators — Sita Soren, the daughter-in-law of JMM chief Shibu Soren, Polush Surin, Simon Marandi and Lobin Hembrom — skipped the meeting at Shibu Soren’s house.
Surin, however, went to Soren’s house but he did not attend the meeting.
“I have boycotted the meeting,” Polush told reporters. “We had raised development issues within the party and with Chief Minister Arjun Munda, but oue grievances were not redressed even after one month”.
Confirming the four’s absence, JMM leader and Food and Supply Minister Mathura Mahto told reporters: “Four legislators did not turn up in the meeting. It was decided to approach them and know their grievances. The unhappy legislators’ grievances will be redressed”.
Some legislators of the two key alliance partners, Jharkhand Mukti Morcha (JMM) and All Jharkhand Students Union (AJSU) have publicly vented their anger against the Munda government, saying that no development works are taking place in the state and officials do not take their recommendations seriously.
- JMM, AJSU legislators unhappy with Munda government - Oct 17, 2011
- JMM legislators resent denial of cabinet berths - Oct 09, 2010
- Pranab campaigns in Jharkhand, Lalu, Paswan also pitch in - Jul 12, 2012
- Choosing ministers will not be easy for Munda - Sep 15, 2010
- JMM willing, but Congress undecided on forming government - Jun 19, 2010
- Shibu Soren to decide JMM's stand on presidential poll - Jun 24, 2012
- Soren 'unpredictable', says BJP - May 21, 2010
- BJP backs JMM in bypoll, JD-U miffed - Nov 21, 2011
- Jharkhand legislator - an ex-Maoist - supports Anna - Aug 25, 2011
- Jharkhand's Rajya Sabha poll could leave Munda shaky - May 01, 2012
- Hopeful getting Mamata's support, says Pranab (Lead) - Jul 12, 2012
- Munda in Nagpur to seek Gadkari's blessings - Sep 12, 2010
- Jharkhand cabinet expansion after JMM conclave - Sep 20, 2010
- Shibu Soren's flip-flop puts BJP in spot (Lead) - May 21, 2010
- BJP undecided over Jharkand by-poll pact - Nov 14, 2011