Four barred from civic polls in BiharApril 11th, 2012 - 8:35 pm ICT by IANS
Patna, April 11 (IANS) Four candidates have been barred from contesting Bihar’s civic polls next month for having more than two children.
A.B. Pandey of the state Election Commission identified the four as Rehana Khatoon, Kanti Devi, Arun Ravidas and Rukhsana Khatoon.
According to the amended Bihar Municipal Act 2007, any elected representative of any civic body may face disqualification if he or she has more than two children.
- Councillor has six kids, loses post - Jul 22, 2011
- BJP corporator with four kids faces heat - Oct 20, 2010
- Maoist fear: Bihar panchayat polls postponed in five districts - May 17, 2011
- Women power at Delhi civic polls (Sidelights) - Apr 15, 2012
- Rabri Devi to contest Bihar polls from two seats - Oct 04, 2010
- Elaborate security for Agra municipal polls - Jun 27, 2012
- Arun Gawli's party to contest 25 seats in BMC polls - Jan 26, 2012
- Delhi civic polls: BJP headed for win (Third Lead) - Apr 17, 2012
- Nitish Kumar's alliance heads for victory in Bihar (Second Lead) - Nov 24, 2010
- Fifth phase of Bihar Assembly polls begins amid tight security - Nov 09, 2010
- Bihar polls: Nitish, Modi, Lalu seeking votes for criminals - Oct 16, 2010
- 50 percent voting in Bihar civic polls, 800 held - May 17, 2012
- Voting in Bihar by-poll ends peacefully - Oct 13, 2011
- West Bengal polls: 18 percent votes cast in first two hours - Apr 27, 2011
- Delhi Police geared up for Sunday's civic polls (Lead) - Apr 14, 2012