Four assembly by-elections in Tamil Nadu soonMay 20th, 2009 - 9:07 pm ICT by IANS
Chennai, May 20 (IANS) By-elections to four assembly constituencies in Tamil Nadu will be announced soon, a top election commission official said here Wednesday.
“By-elections for the four vacant assembly seats - Illayankudi, Thondamuthur, Bargur and Cumbum - will be announced soon,” the state’s chief electoral officer Naresh Gupta told reporters.
The four seats are rendered vacant after the sitting legislators resigned.
Gupta also ruled out any malpractice in the recently concluded parliamentary elections for the Virudhunagar and Sivaganga constituencies.
In Virudhunagar, polling officials at Thirumangalam segment wrongly totalled the votes polled and the matter was found out at the time of counting, he said.
According to Gupta, the total votes polled in the Thirumangalam segment were around 151,000 whereas it was initially recorded as 130,000.
- Bring votes, win gold: DMK, Congress in Tamil Nadu - Aug 08, 2009
- Campaigning on for Tamil Nadu by-polls Aug 18 - Aug 13, 2009
- 67 candidates in fray for Tamil Nadu by-elections - Aug 01, 2009
- Four-cornered contest in Tamil Nadu by-polls - Jul 27, 2009
- Four-cornered contest in Tamil Nadu by-election (Lead) - Jul 27, 2009
- AIADMK, MDMK to boycott Tamil Nadu byelections (Lead) - Jul 20, 2009
- YSR Congress Party bags 8 assembly seats, leading in 7 (Second Lead) - Jun 15, 2012
- AIADMK to boycott Tamil Nadu byelections - Jul 20, 2009
- By-polls for five Tamil Nadu assembly seats on Aug 18 - Jul 17, 2009
- High turnout in Tamil Nadu byelections - Aug 18, 2009
- Haryana bypolls campaigning ends, voting Wednesday - Nov 28, 2011
- New electronic voting machines for Tamil Nadu by-elections - Jul 23, 2009
- Nearly 79 percent polling in Haryana bypolls - Nov 30, 2011
- Andhra parties welcome by-poll schedule - Apr 24, 2012
- Counting begins in Haryana assembly bypoll seats - Dec 04, 2011
Tags: assembly constituencies, assembly seats, chief electoral officer, election commission, elections in tamil nadu, gupta, legislators, malpractice, parliamentary elections, segment, sivaganga, virudhunagar