Former U.S. Vice President Dick Cheney HospitalizedJune 26th, 2010 - 7:14 pm ICT by GD
By Meena Kar
Washington, June 26, (THAINDIAN NEWS) The former U.S. Vice President Dick Cheney was on Friday admitted to the George Washington University hospital for some tests after he visited a doctor of the hospital for some illness. The spokesman of the Dick Cheney, Peter Long said to media sources that the former Vice President will remain in the hospital during the weekend.
A statement from the office of Dick Cheney was later released which mentioned that the admission of the ex-Vice President at the hospital was done according to the advice of the physician and that Dick Cheney will undergo further tests during the weekend as suggested by the physician.
Dick Cheney had visited the doctor after he fell ill. The former Vice President has in the past 32 years suffered 5 heart attacks. The last heart attack occurred on February 2010. However it is not known whether the present admission and tests are in any way related to his heart condition or has he suffered another heart-attack.
The office of Dick Cheney on Friday denied providing any further information to media sources regarding the health condition of the former Vice President.
The seriousness of Dick Cheney’s present condition is not known. However, the 69-year-old former Vice President has a long history of illness. In the past he has undergone quadruple bypass surgery and artery-clearing angioplasties twice. In 2001 Dick Cheney went under the scalpel to fit a pacemaker.
However this is not all that is related to the heart of the former Vice President. He suffered from an abnormal heart rhythm condition due to which the risk of falling victim to strokes increases manifold if not treated. Back in 2005 he underwent surgery in the back of his knees for an arterial aneurysm.
- Ex-US vice president Cheney has heart transplant - Mar 25, 2012
- Dick Cheney Feeling Better, To Be Released From Hospital Soon - Jun 28, 2010
- Dick Cheney Heart Attack Rated Mild By Doctors - Feb 24, 2010
- Dick Cheney Is Now Feeling Better: Liz Cheney - Jun 28, 2010
- Ex-US Vice-President Dick Cheney has pump placed in heart - Jul 15, 2010
- Dick Cheney suffers his 5th heart attack - Feb 24, 2010
- US ex-vice president gets heart device implant - Jul 15, 2010
- Dick Cheney Survives Fifth Heart Attack - Feb 24, 2010
- Dick Cheney used to keep his resignation letter in a secret place - Aug 25, 2011
- Dick Cheney feeling better after getting hospital treatment - Jun 28, 2010
- Former Vice President Dick Cheney Calls President Barack Obama "One Term President" - Jan 19, 2011
- Dick Cheney Planted With 'Bridge To Transplant' - Jul 15, 2010
- Cheney suffered mild heart attack - Feb 24, 2010
- Former U.S. VP Cheney hospitalized after minor heart attack - Feb 24, 2010
- Former US vice president Cheney in hospital with chest pain - Feb 23, 2010
Tags: abnormal heart rhythm, arterial aneurysm, dick cheney, falling victim, former vice president, george washington, george washington university, george washington university hospital, health condition, heart attack, heart condition, kar, last heart, media sources, pacemaker, president dick cheney, scalpel, seriousness, vice president dick, vice president dick cheney