Former prostitute in New York gubernatorial debateOctober 19th, 2010 - 10:17 pm ICT by IANS
New York, Oct 19 (IANS) A former prostitution madam who allegedly supplied call girls to leading New York politicians, including former governor Eliot Spitzer, shared the stage with all the candidates in a debate of the New York gubernatorial race, media reports said.
Kristin Davis, who is running for governor as the candidate of the Anti-Prohibition Party, participated in the gubernatorial debate Monday night alongside Democratic Party’s Andrew Cuomo and Republican Party’s Carl Paladino, ABC News reported.
Davis, who made frequent brothel jokes, described herself as an “accomplished businesswoman”, putting her in line with a slew of women executives who have plunged into politics this year.
According to New York Times, Davis suggested that her experience running an escort service made her the candidate best prepared to reform the Metropolitan Transportation Authority (MTA).
“The key difference between the MTA and my former escort agency is I operated one set of books and I offered on-time and reliable service,” the daily quoted her as saying.
Davis, who came equipped with a quiver of one-liners playing off her career as a madam, delivered crisp sound bites about job growth and against a tax on stock transfers.
“Businesses will leave the state, faster than Carl Paladino at a gay bar,” she said.
The debate format did not give the candidates an opportunity to directly question one another. And neither Paladino nor Cuomo criticised the other or unleashed any prepared attack lines.
The New York gubernatorial election will be held Nov 2.
- Jimmy McMillan Steals Show For Independent Party - Oct 21, 2010
- Spitzer's Manhattan madam Kristin Davis gets early end to probation - Nov 10, 2010
- 'Italian vs Italian' in New York governor race - Oct 12, 2010
- Hooker who claims to have bedded Becks 'slept with Spitzer' - Sep 30, 2010
- Spitzer madam Kristin Davis wants to see more up-to-date pictures - Sep 21, 2010
- Spitzer "madam" set to announce own candidacy for New York Governor - Feb 26, 2010
- Ex-madam Kristin Davis to run for comptroller against Eliot Spitzer - Dec 16, 2009
- Former "Manhattan Madam" Kristin Davis to run for governor of NY - Sep 10, 2010
- Joe Brooks, Eliot Spitzer two of Manhattan Madam's worst clients - Feb 09, 2011
- New flick reveals Eliot Spitzer's favorite hooker, and it's not Ashley Dupre - Nov 11, 2010
- Ex-madam Kristin Davis to run for New York Governor - Feb 08, 2010
- Carl Paladino Scores Over Rick Lazio - Sep 15, 2010
- Eliot Spitzer's madam Kristin Davis gets Hooker support for governor bid - Aug 21, 2010
- Former Madam Kristin Davis to run for New York state comptroller - Dec 17, 2009
- Former Manhattan Madam says Spitzer is as bad in bed as on TV - Oct 08, 2010
Tags: abc news, andrew cuomo, businesswoman, debate format, eliot spitzer, gay bar, governor eliot spitzer, gubernatorial debate, kristin davis, metropolitan transportation authority, new york gubernatorial election, new york gubernatorial race, new york times, paladino, prohibition party, republican party, sound bites, stock transfers, women executives, york politicians