Former n-firm chief expelled from Chinese Communist PartyOctober 18th, 2010 - 6:43 pm ICT by IANS
Beijing, Oct 18 (IANS) Members of the Communist Party of China (CPC) Monday endorsed a decision to expel Kang Rixin, the former chief of China National Nuclear Corporation (CNNC), from the party’s decision making central committee.
The fifth plenary session of the central committee of the CPC also endorsed a decision to strip Kang, 57, of his CPC membership. The decision on his expulsion was earlier taken by the political bureau of the CPC central committee Dec 29, 2009, Xinhua reported Monday.
Kang Rixin was stripped of his post and his membership of the CPC for “serious violations of the law and breaches of discipline”, the party’s discipline watchdog said in January this year.
Kang, a member of the CPC Central Committee since October 2007, was found to have abused his authority, enabled profits for others, and taken huge bribes, according to the findings of investigations conducted by the CPC Central Commission for Discipline Inspection.
Born in 1953, Kang became CNNC general manager in September 2003. On Aug 5 last year, the publicity department of the CPC Central Committee announced he was being investigated for alleged “grave violations of discipline”.
The CNNC, a large state-owned enterprise, comprises more than 100 subsidiary companies and institutes.
As the main investor and the biggest owner of nuclear power plants in China, it carries out research and development as well as construction in fields such as nuclear electricity production, nuclear fuels and nuclear technology application.
- China n-firm's ex-chief jailed for corruption (Second Lead) - Nov 19, 2010
- China n-firm's ex-chief gets life for corruption - Nov 19, 2010
- 146,517 Chinese officials punished in 2010 - Jan 07, 2011
- China appoints new nuclear agency chief - Aug 14, 2009
- Chinese railway minister sacked for indiscipline - Feb 25, 2011
- Chinese minister sacked from party post - Feb 12, 2011
- China vows thorough probe into Bo Xilai scandal - Apr 18, 2012
- 'Grinning' Chinese official sacked (Lead) - Sep 21, 2012
- Over 100,000 Chinese officials punished in 2009 - Jan 07, 2010
- Chinese Communist party axes ex-minister - May 29, 2012
- Chinese delegation to visit India, Pakistan - Oct 29, 2011
- CPI-M expels former party MP for indiscipline - Jun 11, 2012
- Chinese politician's wife held over murder - Apr 11, 2012
- Chinese daily calls for sustained anti-graft efforts - Apr 11, 2012
- Protect human rights: Chinese leader tells police - May 28, 2012
Tags: breaches, bribes, china national nuclear corporation, chinese communist party, cnnc, communist party of china, cpc central committee, electricity production, expulsion, grave violations, nuclear electricity, nuclear fuels, nuclear power plants, nuclear technology, plenary session, publicity department, subsidiary companies, technology application, watchdog, xinhua