Former JD-U minister Nagmani joins RJDMarch 25th, 2009 - 10:15 pm ICT by IANS
Patna, March 25 (IANS) Former Bihar agriculture minister Nagmani, who had resigned from the government after ruling Janata Dal-United (JD-U) denied him a ticket to contest the Lok Sabha polls, Wednesday joined the Rashtriya Janata Dal (RJD).
Nagmani will now contest from Chatra Lok Sabha seat in Jharkhand as an RJD candidate. He joined the party in the presence of RJD chief Lalu Prasad here.
Nagmani belongs to Kushwaha community, an agrarian backward caste, and was keen to contest from Ujiarpur constituency but the JD-U denied him the ticket.
Last week, Nagmani’s supporters vandalised JD-U headquarters and disrupted a press conference to insist that he be given a ticket to contest the polls. He resigned from the Nitish Kumar government Sunday .
Nagmani blamed Nitish Kumar for his resignation and even called him an “arrogant liar” and “betrayer”.
- Bihar minister resigns after denial of ticket - Mar 22, 2009
- Former Bihar minister, wife to join Congress - Sep 10, 2010
- Bihar Minister Nagmani resigns from JD (U) - Mar 25, 2009
- Rivalry within NDA ahead of Bihar polls - Oct 03, 2010
- JD-U to get tough on rebels in Bihar - Mar 19, 2009
- Under attack, Nitish to probe Bihar land bonanza (Second Lead) - Jul 19, 2011
- War rages in Bihar between BJP, JD-U (Bihar Newsletter) - Jun 23, 2012
- JD-U rebels form political outfit - Jun 21, 2011
- Bihar stocks RSS books in government schools, says JD-U rebel - Jul 31, 2011
- Babri Masjid champion's daughter gets JD-U ticket in Bihar - Oct 01, 2010
- Is Nitish Kumar wooing tainted politicians for polls? - Jul 15, 2010
- BJP faces criticism from own ranks, allies on Kushwaha issue - Jan 05, 2012
- Three RJD leaders quit, likely to join JD-U - Jul 16, 2012
- George Fernandes files nomination for Rajya Sabha by-poll - Jul 30, 2009
- More Muslims, women in first Bihar list: Congress (Lead) - Sep 28, 2010