Former Haryana deputy CM’s second wife attempts suicide (Lead)January 29th, 2009 - 10:13 pm ICT by IANS
Chandigarh, Jan 29 (IANS) Anuradha Bali alias Fiza, the second wife of former Haryana deputy chief minister Chander Mohan alias Chand Mohammed, was admitted to a hospital here Thursday after a suicide bid.The Mohali police have lodged a case against her for attempt to commit suicide.
“In normal circumstances, she could not consume so many sleeping pills that she has to be hospitalised. Moreover, her condition has still not become stable even after seven hours of the incident,” Varinder Pal, superintendent of police (city), told IANS Thursday evening.
Terming it a “clear-cut case of attempt to commit suicide”, he said the police have filed a case against her.
However, the police will record her statement Friday when her condition becomes steady, Pal added.
Bali had taken an overdose of sleeping pills at her house in Sector 48 of Mohali town adjoining Chandigarh. Some sleeping pills were found near her bed, family members said.
She was rushed to the Government Medical College and Hospital in Sector 32 here by her mother and neighbours, who had to physically carry her out of her bedroom.
Doctors at the hospital said they had pumped her stomach and were keeping her under observation.
Bali and Chander Mohan converted to Islam and changed their names to Fiza and Chand Mohammed to get married in December 2008.
The Chand-Fiza saga - which began with his mysterious ‘disappearance’ in November last year and resurfacing after getting a new religion, wife and name - came into limelight again Wednesday when Chander Mohan suddenly left Bali’s house where he has been staying for the last two months.
Bali alleged that he was “kidnapped” by his younger brother Kuldip Bishnoi’s men but Chander Mohan refuted her allegation, saying he left the house on his own and had told her about it. He was found in an inebriated condition at Raj Ghat - the memorial to Mahatma Gandhi, a strong advocate of abstinence - in Delhi.
Chander Mohan, a sitting Congress legislator from the Kalka assembly seat adjoining Chandigarh, lost his job as Haryana’s deputy chief minister after his controversial marriage to Bali.
- More cash, jewellery comes out of Fiza's lockers - Sep 13, 2012
- Fiza Mohammed commits suicide - Aug 06, 2012
- Fiza dies in mysterious circumstances (Second Lead) - Aug 06, 2012
- Huge cash recovered from Fiza's house - Aug 09, 2012
- Fiza Mohammed found (Lead) - Aug 06, 2012
- Fiza cremated in Chandigarh - Aug 07, 2012
- Former Haryana deputy chief minister's second wife attempts 'suicide' - Jan 29, 2009
- Wife of former Haryana deputy chief minister arrested, granted bail - Jan 30, 2009
- Hooda's ministers not new to crime controversies (News Analysis) - Aug 06, 2012
- Fiza approaches court for passport in new name - Jun 08, 2009
- Police detain Fiza over neighbour's complaint - Oct 17, 2010
- Chand does another volte-face, back with Fiza - Jun 14, 2009
- Fiza arrested on neighbour's complaint, gets bail (Lead) - Oct 17, 2010
- Chand Mohammed says 'talaq' to Fiza over phone - Mar 14, 2009
- Chand Mohammed says 'talaq' to Fiza from London (Lead) - Mar 14, 2009
Tags: abstinence, anuradha, bishnoi, chand, deputy chief minister, government medical college, last two months, limelight, mahatma gandhi, mohali police, mohan, mysterious disappearance, neighbours, new religion, raj ghat, second wife, seven hours, sleeping pills, suicide bid, wife attempts suicide