Former Haryana deputy chief minister’s second wife attempts ’suicide’January 29th, 2009 - 2:35 pm ICT by IANS
Chandigarh, Jan 29 (IANS) Anuradha Bali alias Fiza, the second wife of former Haryana deputy chief minister Chander Mohan alias Chand Mohammed, was admitted to a hospital here Thursday after a suspected suicide bid.Bali took an overdose of sleeping pills at her house in Sector 48 of Mohali town adjoining Punjab. Some sleeping pills were found near her bed, family members said.
She was rushed to the Government Medical College and Hospital in Sector 32 here by her mother and neighbours, who had to physically carry her out of her bedroom.
Doctors at the hospital said they had pumped her stomach and were keeping her under observation.
Bali and Chander Mohan had converted to Islma, and changed their names to Chand Mohammed and Fiza to get married in December 2008.
The Chand-Fiza saga - which began with his mysterious ‘disappearance’ in November last year and resurfacing after getting a new religion, wife and name - came into limelight again Wednesday when Chander Mohan suddenly left Bali’s house where he had been staying for the last two months.
She had alleged that he had been “kidnapped” by his younger brother Kuldip Bishnoi’s men but Chander Mohan refuted her allegations, saying he had left on his own and had told her about it. He was found inebriated at Raj Ghat - the memorial to Mahatma Gandhi, a strong advocate of prohibition - in Delhi.
The Mohali police did not register a case, with senior officers saying that it appeared to be a case of tiff between the husband and wife.
Chander Mohan, a sitting Congress legislator from the Kalka assembly seat adjoining Chandigarh, lost his job as Haryana’s deputy chief minister after his controversial marriage to Bali.
- More cash, jewellery comes out of Fiza's lockers - Sep 13, 2012
- Fiza dies in mysterious circumstances (Second Lead) - Aug 06, 2012
- Huge cash recovered from Fiza's house - Aug 09, 2012
- Wife of former Haryana deputy chief minister arrested, granted bail - Jan 30, 2009
- Fiza Mohammed found (Lead) - Aug 06, 2012
- Fiza cremated in Chandigarh - Aug 07, 2012
- Former Haryana deputy CM's second wife attempts suicide (Lead) - Jan 29, 2009
- Fiza Mohammed commits suicide - Aug 06, 2012
- Fiza approaches court for passport in new name - Jun 08, 2009
- Chand does another volte-face, back with Fiza - Jun 14, 2009
- Police detain Fiza over neighbour's complaint - Oct 17, 2010
- Fiza arrested on neighbour's complaint, gets bail (Lead) - Oct 17, 2010
- Hooda's ministers not new to crime controversies (News Analysis) - Aug 06, 2012
- Chand Mohammed says 'talaq' to Fiza over phone - Mar 14, 2009
- Chand-Fiza soap opera: Chand Muhammad back with Fiza - Jun 14, 2009
Tags: anuradha, assembly seat, bishnoi, chand, controversial marriage, deputy chief minister, government medical college, husband and wife, last two months, mahatma gandhi, mohali police, mohan, mysterious disappearance, neighbours, new religion, raj ghat, second wife, sleeping pills, suicide bid, wife attempts suicide