Former Gujarat speaker Dhirubhai Shah deadMarch 18th, 2008 - 6:23 pm ICT by admin
Ahmedabad, March 18 (IANS) Former Gujarat assembly speaker Dhirubhai Shah, who has been ill since suffering a heart attack at his daughter’s wedding in January 2005, died at his residence here Tuesday. He was 56. Shah, elected speaker in March 1998, had been in coma intermittently for three long years. He was the youngest speaker in Gujarat when he took charge in March 1998.
A leader of the Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP), he was appointed chairman of the Gujarat Finance Commission in November 2003.
On Jan 29, 2005, he suffered the heart attack at his younger daughter’s wedding and slipped into coma. He showed occasional signs of improvement but never recovered fully.
Born into a Jain family in Bela village of Gujarat’s Kutch district, Shah was a lawyer by profession.
- Former Gujarat speaker Dhirubhai Shah dead - Mar 18, 2008
- Who is SRK's confidant? (Movie Snippets) - Jun 27, 2012
- Theatre veteran Satyadev Dubey dies (Lead) - Dec 25, 2011
- Bill Gates sad as Pakistani child prodigy dies - Jan 18, 2012
- Congress members harming party prospects in Gujarat: Shastri - Jul 31, 2012
- Veteran freedom fighter Lakshmi Sehgal dead (Lead) - Jul 23, 2012
- Amit Shah seeks Supreme Court nod to stay in Gujarat (Lead) - Jan 24, 2012
- Modi and Vaghela on fast track politics in Gujarat - Sep 16, 2011
- Gujarat ex-minister Amit Shah gets bail - Oct 29, 2010
- Apex court to hear Amit Shah's plea with CBI petition (Lead) - Jan 25, 2012
- Two critical in Mumbai drunk driving accident - Apr 01, 2012
- Modi government, Congress spar over panel - Aug 18, 2011
- Satyadev Dubey was passionate about his craft: Big B - Dec 26, 2011
- Two hearts and a VVIP political wedding - Mar 23, 2011
- Amit Shah surfaces, says allegations false - Jul 25, 2010
Tags: , , , , , , , , , , , , ,