Former chief ministers get key portfoliosMay 29th, 2009 - 12:08 am ICT by IANS
New Delhi, May 28 (IANS) Half a dozen former chief ministers in Prime Minister Manmohan Singh’s cabinet have been given important portfolios with Ghulam Nabi Azad being made the health minister.
Former Karnataka chief minister M. Veerappa Moily of the Congress has been given the charge of the law and justice ministry.
National Conference’s Farooq Abdullah, who is a former chief minister of Jammu and Kashmir like Azad, gets the new and renewable energy ministry.
Veteran Himachal Pradesh leader Virbhadra Singh is steel minister.
Vilasrao Deshmukh, former Maharashtra chief minister who resigned in the wake of the 26/11 Mumbai terrorist attack, has been allocated heavy industries and public enterprises.
Sushil Kumar Shinde, also of Maharashtra, has retained the power ministry he had in the previous government.
- Prime Minister Manmohan Singh's new team - Jul 12, 2011
- The new council of ministers after Wednesday's reshuffle - Jan 19, 2011
- Team Anna attacks Manmohan, Chidambaram and Pranab (Lead) - May 26, 2012
- Team Anna charges Manmohan, Chidambaram, Pranab of corruption (Second Lead) - May 26, 2012
- Cabinet reshuffle today, major changes in portfolios expected - Jan 19, 2011
- Sonia constitutes new Congress Working Committee - Mar 04, 2011
- Congress takes charge of most economic ministries, DMK's Raja gets IT (Lead) - May 29, 2009
- Manmohan allocates work to all ministers, wants benchmarks set (Second Lead) - May 29, 2009
- UPA declares portfolios,Sibal gets Human Resource, Moily; Law and Justice - May 28, 2009
- Shinde likely to be new leader of Lok Sabha - Jul 17, 2012
- CAG reports not gospels, says Congress - Aug 09, 2011
- Jayalalithaa, Modi, Mayawati in Inter-State Council - Oct 05, 2011
- CBI questions Shinde in Adarsh scam - Jul 31, 2011
- Cabinet reshuffle likely after January 14 - Jan 11, 2011
- Farooq Abdullah hospitalised, out of danger - Apr 15, 2011
Tags: chief ministers, energy ministry, farooq abdullah, ghulam nabi azad, health minister, heavy industries, jammu and kashmir, justice ministry, karnataka chief minister, law and justice, maharashtra chief minister, manmohan, manmohan singh, nabi, power ministry, prime minister manmohan, prime minister manmohan singh, s farooq, shinde, sushil kumar