Former Alaska Governor Palin believes she can beat President Obama in 2012November 18th, 2010 - 8:13 pm ICT by BNO News
WASHINGTON, D.C. (BNO NEWS) — Former Alaska Governor Sarah Palin has proclaimed that she could beat U.S. President Barack Obama in the 2012 presidential elections.
During an interview with ABC’s Barbara Walters, Palin said that she is “looking at the lay of the land now, and trying to figure that out, if it’s a good thing for the country, for the discourse, for my family, if it’s a good thing.”
Walters asked her if she could you beat Barack Obama. “I believe so,” the 2008 Republican vice-presidential nominee said.
Earlier, Palin told the New York Times that she is considering a run for the presidency. “I’m engaged in the internal deliberations candidly, and having that discussion with my family, because my family is the most important consideration here,” Palin told NYT reporter Robert Draper.
“I know that a hurdle I would have to cross, that some other potential candidates wouldn’t have to cross right out of the chute, is proving my record,” the former Alaska governor told Draper.
“That’s the most frustrating thing for me — the warped and perverted description of my record and what I’ve accomplished over the last two decades. It’s been much more perplexing to me than where the lamestream media has wanted to go about my personal life. And other candidates haven’t faced these criticisms the way I have,” she said.
In the most recent Gallup poll about the 2012 Republican presidential candidate, Palin tied with former Arkansas governor Mike Huckabee for second place with 16 per cent support, both behind former Massachusetts governor Mitt Romney with 19 percent of support.
- Palin says she can beat Obama in 2012 Prez polls - Nov 18, 2010
- Mike Huckabee defends Michelle Obama in food fight with Sarah Palin - Dec 23, 2010
- Obama's popularity rising, Palin's falling for 2012 Presidential elections: Poll - Dec 29, 2010
- Obama needs Palin on the same ticket to win Arizona in 2012 - Feb 03, 2011
- US Presidential wannabe Huckabee way ahead of Republican rivals: Poll - Mar 03, 2011
- Sarah Palin not to run for president - Oct 06, 2011
- Obama leads over four potential 2012 GOP contenders: Poll - Jan 21, 2011
- Even Republicans feel Trump has very little chances of reaching White House - Apr 27, 2011
- Mike Pence Tops Republican's 2012 Presidential Nominee Choice - Sep 19, 2010
- Chris Christie defends Michelle Obama's obesity campaign - Feb 28, 2011
- New Hampshire voters prefer Romney over Obama: Poll - Apr 23, 2011
- Over half of Americans think Obama will lose 2012 presidential re-election bid - Feb 09, 2011
- Obama would be 'in good shape' against Palin in potential 2012 Prez race: Biden - Nov 21, 2010
- Palin's 'dummy-run' on how to beat Obama in 2012 presidential race - Oct 12, 2010
- Poll: More than 6 in 10 would not vote for Trump, Palin - Apr 27, 2011
Tags: alaska governor sarah palin, arkansas governor mike huckabee, barack obama, barbara walters, bno, former arkansas governor mike huckabee, gallup poll, governor mike huckabee, governor mitt romney, governor palin, governor sarah palin, massachusetts governor, mike huckabee, mitt romney, news former, nyt, presidential elections, republican presidential candidate, robert draper, sarah palin