Form ‘Ma, Mati, Manush’ Brigade, Mamata urges studentsAugust 28th, 2010 - 10:22 pm ICT by IANS
Kolkata, Aug 28 (IANS) Railway Minister and Trinamool Congress (TMC) chief Mamata Banerjee Saturday urged her party’s youth and student supporters to form ‘Maa, Mati, Manush’ (Mother, Land, People) brigade to counter the “atrocities” of the Communist Party of India-Marxist (CPI-M).
“I would call upon the student and youth supporters of TMC to form a Maa Mati Manush Brigade to counter the atrocities of the CPI-M in villages and cities. This brigade will help the poor and the underprivileged persons of the society. This brigade’s main duty is to guard the villages and protect them from CPI-M attacks,” said Banerjee while addressing a rally on the occasion of Trinamool Congress Chhatra Parishad foundation day here.
“I also call upon women students and girls to join our party and serve the country and the state,” she said.
Banerjee also demanded that the CPI-M close down its armed camps in the Junglemahal area - the West Midnapore, Bankura and Purulia districts.
“I demand an immediate dismantling of CPI-M’s armed camps in the Junglemahal area. The CPI-M is running 90 armed camps there. If the administration doesn’t take action then the supporters of TMC will take action against those camps democratically,” she warned.
- Mamata all set to be West Bengal's first woman chief minister (Lead) - May 15, 2011
- Banerjee set to become Bengal's first woman chief minister (Second Lead) - May 15, 2011
- I wish I could canvass for Mahato: Trinamool MP - May 28, 2011
- Mamata hints at unleashing joint forces against Maoists - Nov 04, 2011
- Buddhadeb attacks Mamata for unreal job promises - Sep 15, 2011
- We will create a million jobs: Mamata - Jul 21, 2011
- Will create a million jobs: Mamata (Lead) - Jul 22, 2011
- Mamata's Junglemahal package: Does it address main issues? - Jul 22, 2011
- Mamata rally puts Congress-Trinamool in poll mode - Jul 21, 2010
- Trinamool stakes claim, Mamata elected legislature party leader (Roundup) - May 16, 2011
- Lalgarh meeting under apolitical banner: Mamata - Aug 01, 2010
- Trinamool Congress plans own TV news channel - Dec 30, 2010
- Mamata again seeks joint forces out of Maoist-hit areas - Oct 19, 2010
- All roads lead to Mamata's house - May 13, 2011
- Mamata terms CPI-M 'cowards' - Oct 07, 2010
Tags: atrocities, bankura, communist party of india, communist party of india marxist, CPI, foundation day, girls, mamata banerjee, manush, midnapore, mother land, railway minister, rally, student supporters, tmc, trinamool congress, women students