Forgiven government, but will continue fast: Ramdev (Lead)June 7th, 2011 - 3:58 pm ICT by IANS
Hardwar, June 7 (IANS) Yoga guru Baba Ramdev, who is continuing his fast against corruption here, Tuesday said he has forgiven the government for the post-midnight police action against him and his supporters at the Ramlila Ground in Delhi. He added that thousands of his followers will support Anna Hazare’s protest fast Wednesday.
“The government is trying to curb peaceful protesters, but thousands of my followers will participate in Anna Hazare’s fast tomorrow and will court arrest if need be. One thing I would like to make clear is that Anna and I are together in this movement against corruption,” Ramdev told reporters here two days after he was evicted from the capital.
“More the government tries to stop us and curb the truth, (the more) will we get stronger,” he added.
Earlier in the day, Ramdev said: “The atrocities on me and thousands of my followers, the conspiracy of my murder…I have personally forgiven them”.
But he added: “The taint they have brought to democracy, the history of this country and the world will never forgive them.”
He also alleged that police were trying to destroy the evidences of their atrocities.
“If the police have not done anything wrong, why did they snatch the CCTV footage from our workers. We installed the CCTV, we paid for it,” he said.
“This is hooliganism of police, they edited the CCTV footage and released the CD. They lodged wrong cases against our workers,” he said.
Ramdev also said the supporters were beaten and sent back in trains so that they could not approach the media.
“Thousands of people were injured, police stuffed them into trains and sent back so that no one tells the media what the police did,” Ramdev added.
Ramdev is continuing his fast against corruption and black money stashed abroad at his ashram in Hardwar, where he was sent after being evicted from Ramlila Ground in Delhi after midnight Saturday.
- I've forgiven government: Ramdev - Jun 07, 2011
- CCTV footage of Ramdev crackdown seized for probe: Police - Jun 07, 2011
- Anna gets Ramdev backing, Congress and BJP at war (Roundup) - Jun 07, 2011
- Ramdev backs Hazare against allegations - Aug 14, 2011
- Ramdev to meet president - Aug 17, 2011
- Protest in Ghaziabad against action on Ramdev - Jun 07, 2011
- Prohibitory orders put question mark on Hazare's fast - Jun 05, 2011
- Hazare's detention unconstitutional: Ramdev - Aug 16, 2011
- Thousands rally for Hazare, Ramdev in Orissa - Jun 08, 2011
- Midnight swoop on Ramdev gives government nightmares (Intro Roundup) - Jun 05, 2011
- No police permission yet, but Hazare's fast on (Second Lead) - Jun 07, 2011
- Hazare supporters observe fast in Bhopal - Jun 08, 2011
- NHRC, NCW should take note of atrocities, says Ramdev - Jun 06, 2011
- Ensure no police force is used against Anna: Ramdev - Aug 15, 2011
- Hazare team to boycott Lokpal Bill meeting, to fast June 8 (Second Lead) - Jun 05, 2011
Tags: anna hazare, ashram, atrocities, baba ramdev, black money, conspiracy, corruption, democracy, evidences, followers, hooliganism, peaceful protesters, police action, protest, taint, trains, truth, yoga guru