Fiza to pursue legal battle against Chander MohanOctober 29th, 2009 - 10:35 pm ICT by IANS
Mohali, Oct 29 (IANS) Anuradha Bali aka Fiza Mohammed, the estranged wife of Haryana’s former deputy chief minister Chander Mohan alias Chand Mohammed, is all set to fight a legal battle against her former husband in the court.
She also announced her decision to join politics soon.
“I have already filed a case against Chand in the court and the next hearing is slated on Nov 28. I am very determined and confident that I will get justice in the court room,” Fiza told reporters at her residence here Thursday.
“Chand is an errant personality and he has spoiled his both personal and political life. Besides, the political career of his father Bhajan Lal and brother Kuldeep Bihnoi is also on the verge of ending as their party, HJC (Haryana Janhit Congress), had fared very badly in the assembly elections,” she alleged.
Fiza said she had distributed sweets to celebrate the defeat of Chander Mohan’s family in Haryana assembly polls.
Both Chander Mohan and Fiza had mysteriously disappeared in November last year and re-appeared in December after 40 days as a married couple with new names after embracing Islam.
Chander Mohan lost his job as Haryana’s high-profile deputy chief minister. The marriage lasted hardly 40 days with him suddenly leaving Fiza’s house on January 28. He called her from London, in March, and uttered the word “talaq” three times. He also sent her an SMS with the message to confirm that he was divorcing her.
“They have proved before the whole world that they never stick to their words. As earlier, HJC was totally opposed to the Congress but afterwards they got ready to support them. But the Congress took the right decision by not seeking their support,” Fiza added.
Fiza also announced here Thursday that she is planning to join politics in the coming days.
She said, “I have made my mind to join politics. In one month’s time, I will make a major announcement of joining a big national party. My talks are on with the party leaders and very soon we will settle everything and make public announcement.”
- Fiza Mohammed found (Lead) - Aug 06, 2012
- Fiza dies in mysterious circumstances (Second Lead) - Aug 06, 2012
- Fiza cremated in Chandigarh - Aug 07, 2012
- Huge cash recovered from Fiza's house - Aug 09, 2012
- More cash, jewellery comes out of Fiza's lockers - Sep 13, 2012
- Hooda's ministers not new to crime controversies (News Analysis) - Aug 06, 2012
- No place for Chander Mohan in HJC, says brother - Sep 20, 2009
- Fiza arrested on neighbour's complaint, gets bail (Lead) - Oct 17, 2010
- Fiza Mohammed commits suicide - Aug 06, 2012
- Chand Mohammed says 'talaq' to Fiza over phone - Mar 14, 2009
- Chand Mohammed says 'talaq' to Fiza from London (Lead) - Mar 14, 2009
- Out of sight Chand, out of mind in Haryana politics - Apr 24, 2009
- Police detain Fiza over neighbour's complaint - Oct 17, 2010
- Chand does another volte-face, back with Fiza - Jun 14, 2009
- Fiza to campaign against former Haryana chief minister - Apr 21, 2009
Tags: alias, anuradha, assembly elections, bali, chand, chander, deputy chief minister, haryana, islam, kuldeep, lal, married couple, mohali, mohammed, mohan, political career, right decision, sweets, three times, verge